french_girl
french_girl

May 19th, 2008, 6:15 pm #11

I thought I saw some old orphans photos where they appear to "dirt" on their faces; the tours, not OBC. Could be wrong ! And, Shelley B said in her book kids would try to "sneakk" make-up on, so they would stand out, but got in trouble for it.
me too, in the pictures with Alyssa Milano as an orphan and Kristi Combs as Annie, where they are all sitting on a bed... (2nd national, it's on the website)

old fan
old fan

May 19th, 2008, 6:34 pm #12

..and there are others, if I recall correctly ! Maybe just done for a photo shoot ?

french_girl
french_girl

May 20th, 2008, 8:16 am #13

yea, i saw your post when i posted lol..
i guess Julie must know (if it was only for photoshoots or for the show)

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 20th, 2008, 3:24 pm #14

When I first started in the 3rd National Tour, the makeup artist showed us how to apply this brown creamy eye shadow to our faces, with our fingers. Only a few weeks into our run, we were told that we had been using too much and it looked ridiculous, so they asked us to stop. When I did the show again in the Broadway Cast, there was no mention of looking dirty, so I think they stopped doing it in all of the companies.

Julie

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 21st, 2008, 1:53 am #15

I believe there is a picture of Lauren Gaffney in the book that follows her journey during Annie Warbucks that shows her putting powder on her face with a big poofy makeup brush before opening night at Goodspeed, but perhaps they just had her do that for the photo.
There is also a picture of Andrea, in Annie: A Theater Memoir, getting a dusting with a brush.

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

May 21st, 2008, 6:03 am #16

I believe there is a picture of Lauren Gaffney in the book that follows her journey during Annie Warbucks that shows her putting powder on her face with a big poofy makeup brush before opening night at Goodspeed, but perhaps they just had her do that for the photo.
Yeah, I have both those books and their respective noses are definitley getting powdered backstage

LOL
LOL

May 21st, 2008, 12:46 pm #17

I love the way you expressed that ! I have the Theatre Memoir but forgot that photo until now.

old fan
old fan

May 21st, 2008, 11:16 pm #18

..of Kathy-Jo Kelly and Andrea putting on make-up in the dressing room is in a HUGE coffee table book I have called Broadway Musicals. They may have just been goofing around, but it is a cute photo.

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

May 22nd, 2008, 7:35 am #19

Oh, that's a great book!

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

May 22nd, 2008, 7:39 am #20

I love the way you expressed that ! I have the Theatre Memoir but forgot that photo until now.
Hi! And even if the grown ups thought it was better for the girls to apper as the neglected orphans that they were, it may have been difficult to keep pre teens away from the make up in a theater dressing room! Kid in a candy shop!!