Claire
Claire

January 9th, 2009, 3:12 am #31

well, no matter what the reason, it's a shame to see her leave.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

January 9th, 2009, 3:53 am #32

It is a shame to see her leave! I hope she is happy back home and I predict we will see her again in the future as a performer.

a mom
a mom

January 9th, 2009, 4:40 am #33

Well, we still don't know the details. But if Tianna was indeed fired, then I hope the national news gets wind of the story just like they did with Joanna. You'd have thought that the producers would have learned their lesson from the fiasco that the 1997 firing turned into. However, I feel bad for placing blame on anybody before we learn the details.
This is not in regards to any particular child. But, why get so up in arms in case a child has been let go from Annie. Do you get as upset when other children are released from their contracts from other shows? It happens all the time in this business. Particularly in professional shows. Believe me, no one can understand the toll it takes on the child (or an adult) unless you have lived it -- but it certainly happens to adults and kids alike

Meghan
Meghan

January 9th, 2009, 4:59 am #34

..on Amanda's guestbook. LOL Tianna's site is not updated, or Madison's. Is there an official announcement expected, does anyone know ?
I just wanted to defend myself in saying that I had already seen it confirmed on the NETwork's Annieontour.com site when I posted that on Amanda's guestbook. I would consider that as much of an "official announcement" as were going to get. I am sure you didnt mean anything by it, but I just wanted to say that it was confirmed and i wouldnt really consider it "spilling the beans".

Also, you mentioned Madison's website....I didnt know she had one...would u mind sharing the link?

BigFan
BigFan

January 9th, 2009, 5:50 am #35

Well, we still don't know the details. But if Tianna was indeed fired, then I hope the national news gets wind of the story just like they did with Joanna. You'd have thought that the producers would have learned their lesson from the fiasco that the 1997 firing turned into. However, I feel bad for placing blame on anybody before we learn the details.
Tianna has a 1 year old sister at home. I am sure after so long, her mother wanted to be back with the baby she left at home.

old fan
old fan

January 9th, 2009, 1:52 pm #36

I just wanted to defend myself in saying that I had already seen it confirmed on the NETwork's Annieontour.com site when I posted that on Amanda's guestbook. I would consider that as much of an "official announcement" as were going to get. I am sure you didnt mean anything by it, but I just wanted to say that it was confirmed and i wouldnt really consider it "spilling the beans".

Also, you mentioned Madison's website....I didnt know she had one...would u mind sharing the link?
http://www.stageclick.com/person/19113.aspx

Not really a personal site, but does state her roles etc with a few photos & news. Nothing new on it for now.

old fan
old fan

January 9th, 2009, 2:16 pm #37

This is not in regards to any particular child. But, why get so up in arms in case a child has been let go from Annie. Do you get as upset when other children are released from their contracts from other shows? It happens all the time in this business. Particularly in professional shows. Believe me, no one can understand the toll it takes on the child (or an adult) unless you have lived it -- but it certainly happens to adults and kids alike
...but this seemed so sudden. Don't people get notice? Or was all this going on while trying to negotiate terms of the contract (sharing the role maybe? in your opinion based on experience ? Didn't she have a contract until June ?
Tianna's site and Christmas message etc gave no hint of this. Amanda's return was also a surprise (or maybe not)

ILuvAnnie2
ILuvAnnie2

January 9th, 2009, 10:05 pm #38

Madison Kerth is the new Annie on tour and Amanda Balon has returned to take over the role of Kate and share the role of Annie. Not sure how the role will be shared, though.

Tianna Stevens is back home in Florida now and chose not to share the role.

Congrats to Madison, who will be a fantastic Annie.
Hmm, a strange development, for sure so early into the tour.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

January 10th, 2009, 1:09 am #39

...but this seemed so sudden. Don't people get notice? Or was all this going on while trying to negotiate terms of the contract (sharing the role maybe? in your opinion based on experience ? Didn't she have a contract until June ?
Tianna's site and Christmas message etc gave no hint of this. Amanda's return was also a surprise (or maybe not)
I have no idea what happened with Tianna so this is just an observation. I didn't see her perform but know a couple of people who did and they said she was great. Also, maybe if there was a disagreement one side did give notice to the other. It would be unlikely that Tianna would have put it on her website if she elected to leave or if the production has asked her to leave. Just because it isn't out there doesn't mean that one side was unhappy and gave notice to the other.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

January 10th, 2009, 2:23 am #40

I doubt the national news would take an interest in this even if Tianna was let go. Joanna was news because she was headed for Broadway and was featured on Turning Point. Tianna is in a non-equity tour. I do not know Tianna or what happened with her but just like Joanna talent is not the issue. They might say it was talent but obviously it's not.