old fan
old fan

January 9th, 2009, 1:12 am #21

I want to make it clear I was not laughing at Tianna's situation. I do think it's "funny" about Amanda's hasty return.

Claire
Claire

January 9th, 2009, 1:25 am #22

This could very well be the case. The first leg of this tour had many replacements, including the Ryan girls who just felt it wasn't right for them to continue and wanted to get away from the hectic schedule. Considering Tianna's good reviews, we can't assume anything until we get an official statement.
Wait, I'm confused, the Ryan girls were in THIS tour also?

Claire
Claire

January 9th, 2009, 1:35 am #23

With all due respect, I don't know how you can assume it wasn't Tianna's decision. And, personally, I think it's time to just congratulate little Madison and wish her all the broken legs in the world!!!

I am going through a hard time with my daughter with regard to college auditions right now. Part of her wants to get away from home, but the other part wants her to stay home. I told her she needs to look inside her heart and make that decision. Perhaps little Tianna and her family felt touring wasn't for them and decided that she'd rather stay home and either audition in her area (which is Orlando and wonderful for theater!) or just be a kid. And, if Amanda and her family love the touring life and she's been offered a chance again, then go for it!

In any case, little Madison has an adorable face and will be a wonderful Annie. What an opportunity for that little girl!
It's very likely that Tianna simply became overwhelmed with the tour. I've never been part of a touring company, but I imagine that it gets very stressful. I most certainly would NEVER be able to pull off what Tianna and all the Annies of the past have managed to pull off. I remember Andrea McArdle saying that she pulled a prank on Reid Sheldon, telling him that she couldn't do the show that night, that it was just "too much", and that he believed the whole thing. Although she had been totally pulling his leg, the idea of a small child being overwhelmed by audiences of 2,000 people is not unrealistic.

However, the person who originally spilled the beans yesterday (the post that was removed) said that Tianna's mother received a letter saying that Tianna was fired. That person could very likely have been embellishing the story, but considering what happened in 1997, I wouldn't put it past the producers to fire a child.

old fan
old fan

January 9th, 2009, 1:48 am #24

Wait, I'm confused, the Ryan girls were in THIS tour also?
as the original Molly (Lindsay Ryan) and Duffy/Molly understudy (Molly Ryan) for the first few months of the 30th Annie Anniversary Tour. It's considered a separate tour because of the Equity factor.

Claire
Claire

January 9th, 2009, 1:52 am #25

Yeah, I know that they were in the equity tour with Marissa O'Donnell, but the way the person worded it, it sounded like they meant that they were also in this tour. Here's what the person said: "The first leg of this tour had many replacements, including the Ryan girls who just felt it wasn't right for them to continue and wanted to get away from the hectic schedule."

That's why I got confused

old fan
old fan

January 9th, 2009, 1:54 am #26

Now that would have been weird, lol.

anon.
anon.

January 9th, 2009, 2:36 am #27

With all due respect, I don't know how you can assume it wasn't Tianna's decision. And, personally, I think it's time to just congratulate little Madison and wish her all the broken legs in the world!!!

I am going through a hard time with my daughter with regard to college auditions right now. Part of her wants to get away from home, but the other part wants her to stay home. I told her she needs to look inside her heart and make that decision. Perhaps little Tianna and her family felt touring wasn't for them and decided that she'd rather stay home and either audition in her area (which is Orlando and wonderful for theater!) or just be a kid. And, if Amanda and her family love the touring life and she's been offered a chance again, then go for it!

In any case, little Madison has an adorable face and will be a wonderful Annie. What an opportunity for that little girl!
No it definately wasn't Tianna's decision and this tour really is becoming an embarrassment. The details most likely won't come out at least not on a public website, as well they should not. As for Amanda back again, well IMHO enough is enough already. Even if a kid loves the 'touring life' that doesn't mean it's right for that kid to spend so much time away from home, family, friends, school.

anne
anne

January 9th, 2009, 2:40 am #28

does someone have a pic of the new Annie, i don't see who it is , thanks

congrats to her, though i hope nothing too bad happened with Tiana
its spelled tianna!

Claire
Claire

January 9th, 2009, 2:51 am #29

No it definately wasn't Tianna's decision and this tour really is becoming an embarrassment. The details most likely won't come out at least not on a public website, as well they should not. As for Amanda back again, well IMHO enough is enough already. Even if a kid loves the 'touring life' that doesn't mean it's right for that kid to spend so much time away from home, family, friends, school.
Well, we still don't know the details. But if Tianna was indeed fired, then I hope the national news gets wind of the story just like they did with Joanna. You'd have thought that the producers would have learned their lesson from the fiasco that the 1997 firing turned into. However, I feel bad for placing blame on anybody before we learn the details.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

January 9th, 2009, 3:09 am #30

There was no firing, as I've been told. Just a mutual parting of the ways, due to a contract disagreement.

Julie