Little girl with a big voice

Cecile (France)
Cecile (France)

July 22nd, 2008, 11:49 am #1

This girl is now 12 years old and on Australia's got talent: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgqR46wfMQ

old fan
old fan

July 22nd, 2008, 7:50 pm #2

...I listened to her at age 12, and her voice sounds so much older than she is, very powerful. Seems like a sweet girl. Why do people lose their accents when they sing...is it because of the original version of the song they learned it from ? Cecile, do you sing ?? I know you are musical !

Cecile (France)
Cecile (France)

July 23rd, 2008, 7:57 am #3

but I don't have a very powerful range and cannot sing very high notes. I wouldn't know if I have a French accent when I sing English/American songs, I hope not!

french_girl
french_girl

July 23rd, 2008, 10:55 am #4

...I listened to her at age 12, and her voice sounds so much older than she is, very powerful. Seems like a sweet girl. Why do people lose their accents when they sing...is it because of the original version of the song they learned it from ? Cecile, do you sing ?? I know you are musical !
well, this might be true for native english speakers, but definitly not for other countries lol. at least not for everyone. if you watch shows like Star Academy (combination between loft story and new idole), some of them have an awful french accent in english and it ruins (sp) the song! it's terrible! lol

old fan
old fan

July 23rd, 2008, 1:25 pm #5

...whom I love, still has a touch of her French Canadian accent, but I like the way it sounds, sort of like remembering your roots..I just noticed in some singers that they totally lose their own accents and wondered why, if it was a conscious thing or not ! I guess it varies.