old fan
old fan

June 9th, 2008, 11:12 pm #31

Merci !!!

June 10th, 2008, 6:33 am #32

Are sub-titles used, or dubbing, or do most people speak English to watch American television ?
Even though on cable TV, on some channels/some programs, you can choose either French or the original language (English, German etc...) and to have or not subtitles. I'd say maybe half of the programmes I watch I'm able to watch in English and it's a growing trend (yea!)
It's the same for the movies. About half the movie theaters in Paris show films in their original versions. It's a bit more difficult if you live outside Paris.

old fan
old fan

June 11th, 2008, 3:32 pm #33

OMG, I LOVE SATC!!!!!! I have the whole series on DVD and have seen every episode a million times. The writing on that show is just so clever. I liked the movie a lot, but didn't love it as much as the TV series.
...some, especially in the first 2 seasons, IMO, were really clever. I found the later seasons less so...and I never got how Carrie spent so much $$$ on her MB shoes ! (Funny when she was shoe-mugged, lol) Couldn't relate. But I liked when she was with Mr Big, rather than that politician( tea, anyone? ) or Aidan. I have not read the book on which it was based, and haven't seen the movie...yet.