LAT

LAT

kate
kate

July 28th, 2008, 1:23 pm #1

yay!!!!! finally watched it, Julie its fab well done on a fantastic documentary!! I'm re-watching it later as my mum only caught the end its was brilliant :D
reminded me of a few happening with 'stage mums' during my time in the show!!
thanks so much!
xxxxxxxx

annielauri
annielauri

July 29th, 2008, 5:54 am #2

I just brought the dvd home for my whole family to watch. We all watched both the film and the extras. We all enjoyed it so much! Thanks, Julie, for two nights of family entertainment and bonding! Of course I'd seen it several times already, but enjoyed sharing it with my mom, dad, and brothers. Funny, we waited until the kids were asleep to watch it and midway through my 3yo dd came down the stairs after waking up to Annie music and desperately wanted to join the party. She loves ANNIE, but will have to wait awhile to see LAT. I'm for sure saving it for her (o:

I'm posting this b/c I think it's neat for others to know how people (Julie and all of the participants in this case) touch others with their work. Your audiences are vast and you each find special places in our hearts that last a lifetime. If you only knew how many times we've played your cd's and watched your movies and clips. There is no escaping ANNIE for even a day in my home. DD has the cds going around the clock and the movie is a family favorite. My kids ask to watch all the different Annie clips on youtube too!

Thank you to everyone who took part in LAT. It was so neat getting a glimpse of your experience in being a part of ANNIE. Though many of the women are no longer in show business or feel like their careers went downhill after ANNIE, your time and talent during that time are still touching lives today. My kids ADORE you! Really. You're entertaining, inspiring, and a great escape from the daily grind. You should all feel so great everyday by the sheer fact you're making somebody out there happy (o: I am so grateful you all shared your talents with us and that Julie decided to make LAT. I am also very thankful for our resident expert, Jon Merrill, for always sharing his Annie trivia with us and for allowing Julie to film his Annie collection.

Ok...that is all. I just wanted to say thank you to all the Annie orphans (and Miss Hannigans, Roosters, Lilly's, etc.) and to let you know we haven't forgotten you (even if you're no longer in the biz). And of course, thank you again to Julie. LAT earned every reward it received and then some!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 29th, 2008, 6:09 pm #3

Thanks so much for your thoughtful post about "Life After Tomorrow." It always makes me feel proud of the film when people enjoy it because it was a labor of love to make. All of the women who participated seem to have enjoyed telling their stories and it was my job as a filmmaker to offer some insight into our world so that people could learn something. I wish I could have included more girls who I met after I finished the film, but then the film would have been 3 hours long - and people wondered why I didn't include the mothers!!

Julie

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

July 29th, 2008, 11:16 pm #4

I just brought the dvd home for my whole family to watch. We all watched both the film and the extras. We all enjoyed it so much! Thanks, Julie, for two nights of family entertainment and bonding! Of course I'd seen it several times already, but enjoyed sharing it with my mom, dad, and brothers. Funny, we waited until the kids were asleep to watch it and midway through my 3yo dd came down the stairs after waking up to Annie music and desperately wanted to join the party. She loves ANNIE, but will have to wait awhile to see LAT. I'm for sure saving it for her (o:

I'm posting this b/c I think it's neat for others to know how people (Julie and all of the participants in this case) touch others with their work. Your audiences are vast and you each find special places in our hearts that last a lifetime. If you only knew how many times we've played your cd's and watched your movies and clips. There is no escaping ANNIE for even a day in my home. DD has the cds going around the clock and the movie is a family favorite. My kids ask to watch all the different Annie clips on youtube too!

Thank you to everyone who took part in LAT. It was so neat getting a glimpse of your experience in being a part of ANNIE. Though many of the women are no longer in show business or feel like their careers went downhill after ANNIE, your time and talent during that time are still touching lives today. My kids ADORE you! Really. You're entertaining, inspiring, and a great escape from the daily grind. You should all feel so great everyday by the sheer fact you're making somebody out there happy (o: I am so grateful you all shared your talents with us and that Julie decided to make LAT. I am also very thankful for our resident expert, Jon Merrill, for always sharing his Annie trivia with us and for allowing Julie to film his Annie collection.

Ok...that is all. I just wanted to say thank you to all the Annie orphans (and Miss Hannigans, Roosters, Lilly's, etc.) and to let you know we haven't forgotten you (even if you're no longer in the biz). And of course, thank you again to Julie. LAT earned every reward it received and then some!
Thanks for your kind words about LAT. All of us involved with the project are very grateful to Julie for having the idea for it and then carrying it through with such enthusiasm and expertise. I think it gave all of us a lot of insight about Annie behind the scenes that we never knew much about.

Since the filming, I have retired down South and have a much smaller place, so I have sold off a lot of my collection and put almost all of the rest in storage. I still have some nice stuff on display; it just doesn't take up a whole floor of my house the way it used to. Such are the fortunes of growing old.

annielauri
annielauri

July 30th, 2008, 4:45 am #5

As I watched LAT I couldn't help but wonder what you planned to do with your wonderful collection when the time came to downsize. I'm glad you held onto to it all long enough to be a part of Julie's film!!! Not to be grim, but I also thought about what a great loss it will be the day you leave this earth, Jon. I even said it out loud to my family. You contribute so much to this board and to Annie fans and you really are THE expert on the subject. You are always there to answer our questions and to share your Annie encounters. I just thought I'd put it down in "writing" to let you know just how special you are and how you will be missed one day. Again, sorry to be kind of morbid, but I think such thoughts might be nice to hear about oneself. Anyway, thank you again for all of your time and heart you've devoted to ANNIE (o:

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

July 31st, 2008, 3:13 am #6

Hi annielauri - Many thanks for your kind words. I'm 63 now and reasonably hale and hearty and have no intention of going away in the near future! I especially appreciate your support, inasmuch as on another (unmonitored) Annie Forum on the Internet 10 years ago I was brutally slandered anonymously--because of being a middle-aged single male fan of the show--by people who disapproved of my showing enthusiasm for the show and taking pictures of Orphans for our Annie newsletter, accusing me of doing so for prurient reasons. As I touched on in LAT, we male fans of Annie are very easily stereotyped by non-thinking, non-feeling fans who accuse us falsely of being gay or being pedophiles. The major change I made in my life after all that trouble years ago was to cease waiting at the stage door decked out in Annie buttons holding a camera the way I used to. I would never know if an unknown Forum enemy were standing right next to me, so I play it safe now. I mentioned that during my LAT interview as well, and I'm glad I had the chance to be a spokesperson for male Annie fans and make a few remarks about the trials and tribulations of being one.

It's a different world now; we have the Internet, and the Internet is PUBLIC. Everyone has to be a lot more careful. Just ask Lindsay Lohan or Miley Cyrus.

As for my collection, several people who saw LAT wondered where the white jacket with the big A came from, the one I mentioned as being the Annie equivalent in my collection of Prince's Purple Rain suit in the Hard Rock Cafe (Gil Cates loved that line and made sure I repeated it when they began to do my interview). That is Louanne's 2nd National jacket, which she gave me in 1998 for my Annie room display at home. She wore it all over LA during her term in the title role at the Shubert Theatre in the second half of 1979. It of course remains in a prominent location in my downsized Annie display today.