LAT gathering in New York

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

March 23rd, 2008, 9:29 pm #1

I have enjoyed seeing the pictures and videos of Julie's LAT gathering in New York, and I wish I could have been there. A lot of those "kids" I haven't seen in years, or at least I hadn't until the pre-screenings of LAT a couple of years ago. Charles Strouse is truly a class act, and it was great he was there. I thought Julie had a good idea in having a talented young Broadway kid present to sing "Tomorrow" at the end, as it sort of emphasized how much time has passed since Annie began--and yet there is still so much interest in it as demonstrated on this Forum every day--and it was very moving to have all the women join her on the stage to finish the song.

It is great to see all the raves for LAT, as the project is well-deserving. I am proud to have been a part of it.

P.S. For some time now I have been marketing pictures from Broadway and the Nationals in my eBay Store. I was surprised a few months ago when someone ordered one of Becky (Beki) Snyder, and the purchaser said, "I'm glad to find this! Right now I'm dating Beki!"

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 23rd, 2008, 11:07 pm #2

Yes, the guy who bought that photo from you of Beki is now her husband. They both came to the event together.

Julie

March 23rd, 2008, 11:44 pm #3

What a great story! Very romantic guy!!!

Mark
Mark

March 24th, 2008, 3:24 pm #4

I bought the photo on eBay and it's in the box. It's kind of good, too - because I know that a fair bit of Beki's Annie memorabilia got damaged in a basement flood when she lived in Chicago.

Julie, the event was very nice, and I know that Beki had a good time catching up with everyone she knew, and meeting quite a few new alums. I think it was very good for all the girls, including Beki, and we're looking forward to watching the DVD soon (we've got a lot going on right now, which is why we haven't watched it yet.)

March 24th, 2008, 6:31 pm #5

Do you by any chance have a brother who would be single and as romantic as you?

Mark
Mark

March 24th, 2008, 7:36 pm #6

Actually, I have two younger brothers; one has a lovely wife and four children (triplets born last year) - but the other is 28 and single...

old fan
old fan

March 24th, 2008, 7:52 pm #7

...then you can move here and finally see Annie live as an added bonus LOL

March 24th, 2008, 10:27 pm #8

Actually, I have two younger brothers; one has a lovely wife and four children (triplets born last year) - but the other is 28 and single...
...or feels like coming to Paris on his next holidays, make sure I know about it!
Last edited by Cecile-France on March 24th, 2008, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.