french_girl
french_girl

July 30th, 2008, 8:41 pm #11

On the final episode of "Living Lohan" on E!, Ali Lohan is given an audition for a feature film, "Troll." She is sent the full script to read and whines and complains about preparing the scene she will need to read at the audition. She is seen on camera trying to get out of auditioning by claiming (to her family) that she doesn't feel well. Mom, Dina, and Nanna drive her to the audition where she meets with the casting director, the Director of the film, and one of the Producers. Before she starts, the director asks her if she has any questions about the character and this is her response:

Ali: "What's really like the main plot?"
Director: Is it complicated?
Ali: "I mean, a little, from my perspective because I don't really know it..."

What???? Most actresses would kill for an opportunity to audition for a feature film and this young girl goes into her audition unprepared. It's so insulting. Dina, her mother, says later in the episode that any good director should be able to see talent whether the actress knows her lines, or not. What???? What kind of stupid comment is that? There are so many talented actors in Hollywood who train, take classes, know how to read and understand scripts, and go into auditions thoroughly prepared. This reality show is just setting another bad example for young, aspiring actors who think that they don't have to put in the time and work it takes to compete in this business. Most people don't have a famous sibling or their own reality show which might impress a director looking for a "name" celebrity to cast in his film to help it get distribution. Every time Dina Lohan says that Ali is becoming successful because she is talented and works hard, I just want to gag. Please, spend a day with me or any of my talented friends and we'll show you hard work, training, and loads of talent!

Ugh!

Julie

old fan
old fan

July 30th, 2008, 8:48 pm #12

...and does not seem too talented, like her sister was once upon a time..she also does not have the same charisma that Lindsay her sister had when younger. She seems spoiled and lazy and to feel entitled because of her sister's fame...IMO !

old fan
old fan

July 30th, 2008, 8:53 pm #13

..it is rumored that she has already had a few plastic/cosmetic surgeries done. (Sorry Julie, your pet peeve ! )

CindyS
CindyS

July 30th, 2008, 9:05 pm #14

On the final episode of "Living Lohan" on E!, Ali Lohan is given an audition for a feature film, "Troll." She is sent the full script to read and whines and complains about preparing the scene she will need to read at the audition. She is seen on camera trying to get out of auditioning by claiming (to her family) that she doesn't feel well. Mom, Dina, and Nanna drive her to the audition where she meets with the casting director, the Director of the film, and one of the Producers. Before she starts, the director asks her if she has any questions about the character and this is her response:

What???? Most actresses would kill for an opportunity to audition for a feature film and this young girl goes into her audition unprepared. It's so insulting. Dina, her mother, says later in the episode that any good director should be able to see talent whether the actress knows her lines, or not. What???? What kind of stupid comment is that? There are so many talented actors in Hollywood who train, take classes, know how to read and understand scripts, and go into auditions thoroughly prepared. This reality show is just setting another bad example for young, aspiring actors who think that they don't have to put in the time and work it takes to compete in this business. Most people don't have a famous sibling or their own reality show which might impress a director looking for a "name" celebrity to cast in his film to help it get distribution. Every time Dina Lohan says that Ali is becoming successful because she is talented and works hard, I just want to gag. Please, spend a day with me or any of my talented friends and we'll show you hard work, training, and loads of talent!

Ugh!

Julie
So many, many talented people out there who have trouble landing casting because of people with "the name". And then to have something like this on television. I'm sure people like Julie can attest to the fact that it takes a great deal of dedication and commitment to a performing arts career, and there is absolutely no guarantee in it. Kudos to all those in this business who realize their dreams through hard work and sacrifice, because that's what it's really all about.

And, I hold true to my feelings that anybody who truly wants this business can do it. It may take a lot of time, a lot of training and a lot of tears, but determination will land the job sooner or later. And, it could take years of heartache, but the odds say it will happen.

Tony
Tony

July 30th, 2008, 11:39 pm #15

Ugh!

Julie
lol, tv is such trash now! And what's sad is that her sister is actually a good actress if she'd get her personal life together.

Colleen
Colleen

July 31st, 2008, 12:36 am #16

Lindsay had such a promising career....in my opinion....she was Shirley Temple....absolutely adorable.

She was a teenager (unless this was staging) for a while, and then she became "Li-Lo"...

Whatever her mother was/is smoking, WOW.... can we get some???

I cannot imagine, in my wildest dreams, not going full out CRAZY to "reel" my kids in from where those kids are now.

What is wrong with this woman?

I guess she "perpetuated" (is that the word?) these situations.

I am just so sad because these are beautiful children who are being exploited by "Dina" Lohan, who is their MOM, and she should be a damn MOM! I heard that she was ejected from a party the other night for being too...umm..drunk. This was a party that her 14 year old daughter was being photographed at. For a film that she might be cast in? I could have the details wrong....but...

Thank you Mom...not.

Julie....if I've gotten too "into detail"...I am not offended if you delete this.

My heart is breaking for these kids.

old fan
old fan

July 31st, 2008, 12:59 am #17

I adored Lindsay in The Parent Trap, real talent, sweet natural face (so where did those freckles I loved go ???)...but now...and it seems that Ali holds her sister in such high esteem, and her mom "coaches" her to say the tabloids make up every "bad" story about Lindsay, like she is some queen wrongly dethroned. A sad situation for the whole family, and to have a TV show about them....!

Ophelia
Ophelia

July 31st, 2008, 2:03 am #18

Ugh!

Julie
cue "Easy Street"

mom
mom

July 31st, 2008, 6:59 pm #19

Ugh!

Julie
My 12 year old(just turned) is more mature than that ALI. Saw that episode and it will be my last time watching. What a waste of air time.
Double UGH.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

July 31st, 2008, 9:37 pm #20

Lindsay had such a promising career....in my opinion....she was Shirley Temple....absolutely adorable.

She was a teenager (unless this was staging) for a while, and then she became "Li-Lo"...

Whatever her mother was/is smoking, WOW.... can we get some???

I cannot imagine, in my wildest dreams, not going full out CRAZY to "reel" my kids in from where those kids are now.

What is wrong with this woman?

I guess she "perpetuated" (is that the word?) these situations.

I am just so sad because these are beautiful children who are being exploited by "Dina" Lohan, who is their MOM, and she should be a damn MOM! I heard that she was ejected from a party the other night for being too...umm..drunk. This was a party that her 14 year old daughter was being photographed at. For a film that she might be cast in? I could have the details wrong....but...

Thank you Mom...not.

Julie....if I've gotten too "into detail"...I am not offended if you delete this.

My heart is breaking for these kids.
I wonder which kid will make a fortune writing the tell-all book. Yes, they have the T.V. show, but the book will promise to tell what went on "when the cameras weren't rolling." It's amazing how people pay enough attention to them to make them rich. Too bad the people who come up with cures for cancer don't get the same recognition!! Priorities?