julie can you answer a question about child wrangling

Jamie Benetto
Jamie Benetto

May 8th, 2008, 12:12 am #1

Hi julie I work as a P.A. for a regional theatre right now and am interested in going on a tour as a child wrangler in fact recently It got down to me and one other person for a job on a tour of A Christmas Carol but I didn't get it. I taught preschool and kindergarten for 7 years and and taught acting to 6-18 year olds so I have worked with kids as well as doing shows with kids in them including Annie of course. Any suggestions as to where to send my resume and what other qualifications they may look for. I am still the same height as I was when I played Annie so Networks already has my resume. thanks Jamie

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 8th, 2008, 2:45 am #2

Jamie:

I don't know much about child wrangling, but you may want to contact On Location Education and send them your resume. I think a lot of the wrangling jobs are word of mouth but you may want to research other production companies, like Networks, that may employ children. There was no such thing as a child wrangler when I was in "Annie," so this is all new to me. I've seen more wrangling in commercials and print jobs, where the wrangler is in charge of getting the infants and toddlers to smile and play with the product.

Julie

jamie benetto
jamie benetto

May 8th, 2008, 3:30 am #3

thank you for responding Julie I will take your advice and send On Location Education my resume. Jamie

old fan
old fan

May 8th, 2008, 7:38 pm #4

...if you want ? I'm sure many of us would be interested.