Jodie Won on I'd Do Anything

Jodie Won on I'd Do Anything

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

May 31st, 2008, 8:30 pm #1

Well, Jodie won, although Jessie was much better and deserved to win.

Eliza
Eliza

May 31st, 2008, 8:57 pm #2

(I'm still downloading the episode and won't be able to watch it for at least another hour or two. It didn't occur to me that this was a site I should avoid until after I'd watched. Oh well. I'm normally all about the spoilers, but I figured I'd wait to see it).

I am torn on this. Jessie started out as my favorite, but she really does look like a pirate when she moves. She's probably had the most extremes during the show--she had her moments that were painful, but her good performances were the most outstanding. Jodie's chin movements disturb me when she sings, and I refuse to believe she's in her 20s; I thought she was about 42. Otoh, while I know that Nancy should be younger, I find Jodie more convincing as Nancy, wrt appearance. Ultimately, I'm not sure that either of them was right for the part, though I didn't feel strongly against either of them, either. I still don't get that ALW cut Rachel, as she was the only one who seemed to be able to act and move.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Olivers' performances.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 31st, 2008, 9:45 pm #3

Well, Jodie won, although Jessie was much better and deserved to win.
Please try to put in a spoiler warning, in the body of the message, for those of us who haven't seen it yet.

Thanks!