Joanna Pacitti update

Joanna Pacitti update

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 14th, 2008, 7:19 pm #1

This is from her My Space blog:

SOOOOOOOOOO... I'm sure all of you have been wondering what in the world is going on with me. haha Well, the last BLOG that I wrote was saying that I got out of my contract with Geffen records. It has definitely been a rough year but I know everything happens for a reason. Last year "American Idol" changed their rules so that artist with previous deals can also have this opportunity of a lifetime. So, with this said - now that I am free of all contracts... I am going to take a shot!!!! This is so exciting and almost feels like I have been given another chance. Everything (good or bad) is meant to be and we never know why until it has been made obvious. I am going next week to Louisville Kentucky for the first audition. I did this just in case I don't make it there... I can try in NY as well. So for all of you who have stuck by me through this crazy journey.... thanks so much for your support. If I make it to the top 10 PLEASE VOTE! If not - I'm not going anywhere!!! All of you mean the world to me... wish me luck!!

Eliza
Eliza

July 14th, 2008, 7:54 pm #2

Against my better judgment, I find this totally intriguing. Normally, I scoff at people who start talking about making the AI finals before even a preliminary audition, mainly because those are the same people who are quite talented yet don't get past the first round because AI is not a talent competition.

However, Joanna WOULD make a great "story" for AI, and I could see them liking the potential for her as a character. (Otoh, I could also see it going the other way and their being afraid it will look too much like a set-up, since they like to pretend that everyone's totally unknown). If she did make it to a voting round, though, I could see her having immense staying power, as everyone who saw the Macy's special and then was pissed when she got fired will vote to avenge that wrong.

Heck, her singing some AI-santized victory single couldn't be worse than the songs with which that label was saddling her. But, it seems she has had so many build-ups and disappointments in her career. As intrigued as I am, I hope she's not just setting herself up for disappointment by announcing what is (unless she's a ringer and is already cast), ultimately, a long shot.

Rachel
Rachel

July 14th, 2008, 8:20 pm #3

I'm mixed on this too. On one hand, I want for her to succeed and she has the type of voice that thrives on "Idol" - big and belty and she can sing a lot of ballads. On the other hand, I was very critical of people like Carly who were coming in having had their fair shot at stardom before (although I also thought Carly should have been ineligible because she was signed to a company that was then run by Randy Jackson and I think that's a conflict of interest). Although I didn't think she deserved to win, she was pretty much doomed from the get-go when all of the stuff about her previous record deal came out and a lot of people felt the show was being dishonest by not being upfront about it from the beginning. I would hate for Joanna to go through those behind-the-scenes machinations as well when she will probably have more experience than a lot of other people trying out.

Either way, I hope Joanna doesn't take her making "Idol" as the be all, end all. There are two or three audition rounds before you even reach Randy, Paula and Simon and it's totally luck of the draw who makes it through those unless, as someone said above, she has already been scouted for this season. If she looks at it as just another opportunity to make her voice heard and goes in with no expectations, it could end up being a fun experience.

Rachel

old fan
old fan

July 14th, 2008, 8:35 pm #4

SOOOOOOOOOO... I'm sure all of you have been wondering what in the world is going on with me. haha Well, the last BLOG that I wrote was saying that I got out of my contract with Geffen records. It has definitely been a rough year but I know everything happens for a reason. Last year "American Idol" changed their rules so that artist with previous deals can also have this opportunity of a lifetime. So, with this said - now that I am free of all contracts... I am going to take a shot!!!! This is so exciting and almost feels like I have been given another chance. Everything (good or bad) is meant to be and we never know why until it has been made obvious. I am going next week to Louisville Kentucky for the first audition. I did this just in case I don't make it there... I can try in NY as well. So for all of you who have stuck by me through this crazy journey.... thanks so much for your support. If I make it to the top 10 PLEASE VOTE! If not - I'm not going anywhere!!! All of you mean the world to me... wish me luck!!
...she is brave to keep on trying. This will hopefully give me a reason to watch next season- I found this past year's really bad and I gave up on it fairly soon. But I agree, preconceived ideas about Joanna and her previous track record may work against her. I hope not. I really admire her voice and character.

ILuvAnnie2
ILuvAnnie2

July 14th, 2008, 9:16 pm #5

I would love to see her on AI!

Debbie
Debbie

July 15th, 2008, 12:10 am #6

I think she is AMAZING and wish her the best of luck. I will be keeping my fingers crossed as I think she is a STAR!!!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

July 15th, 2008, 9:17 pm #7

I agree with Old Fan. I got bored this past season and quit watching early. I would watch just to see Joanna and I would love to see her go far!! Louisville is a-buzz and excited about the upcoming auditions. If she contacted the local news, I bet they'd want to interview her!! It would be interesting to see if the public cares about her childhood experience. They didn't seem to hold David Archuletta's "Star Search" experience against him.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 15th, 2008, 11:05 pm #8

I think she is AMAZING and wish her the best of luck. I will be keeping my fingers crossed as I think she is a STAR!!!
I'd love to see her on AI! I wish her the best - she's had enough of the bad side of the business especially because I saw her as Annie and she rocked it! She's a talent and I'll watch if she's on.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 15th, 2008, 11:06 pm #9

I agree with Old Fan. I got bored this past season and quit watching early. I would watch just to see Joanna and I would love to see her go far!! Louisville is a-buzz and excited about the upcoming auditions. If she contacted the local news, I bet they'd want to interview her!! It would be interesting to see if the public cares about her childhood experience. They didn't seem to hold David Archuletta's "Star Search" experience against him.
I don't think the public will hold it against her. It was 10 years ago and Annie didn't last on Broadway so aside from fans I'm sure it's off everyone's radar.