Joanna Pacitti

Joanna Pacitti

mom
mom

July 24th, 2008, 5:08 am #1

Any news yet about how Joanna Pacitti did at the American Idol auditions? I would love to follow her journey to Hollywood!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 24th, 2008, 5:58 am #2

I read about Joanna's American Idol audition on her My Space Page, where I'm sure she'll post updates.

http://www.myspace.com/joanna

Julie

Rachel
Rachel

July 24th, 2008, 1:33 pm #3

She has some pics from the audition on her Facebook but nothing that reveals whether she made it or not. Even if she did, she is probably sworn to secrecy.

Rachel

ILuvAnnie2
ILuvAnnie2

July 24th, 2008, 2:30 pm #4

Well hopefully she just deleted them online for now but will put them back after the American Idol season is over.

RLS
RLS

July 24th, 2008, 2:54 pm #5

Any news yet about how Joanna Pacitti did at the American Idol auditions? I would love to follow her journey to Hollywood!
I thought that she had already released an album? Am I wrong about that? Now, I know nothing at all about recording contracts, so please don't get mad about my asking this.... Why would she compete on AI if she's already made an album? Does that not mean she has the capability to do more? I mean this sincerly as I really have no idea. She's very talented so I wish her luck no matter what happens.... I am just wondering.

Debbie
Debbie

July 24th, 2008, 3:00 pm #6

I found it strange that she deleted the blog. I don't think she is sworn to secrecy until later in the competition. There was a girl from West Palm that was doing interviews on the radio etc but she ended up getting cut at 24....Curious to see what happened as Joanna is very talented.

Rachel
Rachel

July 24th, 2008, 3:18 pm #7

"AI" allows people to enter who have formerly released albums or formerly had recording contracts as long as they do not currently have a contract. Joanna was released from Geffen at the beginning of 2008 so she is eligible to audition. This past season, there was sort of a scandal because Carly Smithson released a pop album in 2001 under a record label that was run by Randy Jackson at the time. Several other contestants had recording contracts at one time as well (Kristy Lee Cook was signed with Arista's country division and had even lined up Britney to cameo in her debut video).

As an avid "Idol" fanatic (going to the concert next Thursday...hoping to meet the contestants!) but also an avid Joanna fan, I'm a little bit at odds with this. I want her to be successful and I think her voice is ready-made for "Idol" because she can belt ballads and "Idol" loves those ballads but Joanna really is kind of high profile for the show. I had a big problem with Carly being allowed to compete mainly because of her association with Randy, which I think is a conflict of interest, but Joanna not only had the album, she's had singles on several soundtracks in the past year, plus the one that was on the "Legally Blonde" soundtrack a few years back. If she makes it, she will also have to have a really thick skin because Carly and some of the others suffered a lot of attacks for being ringers and I think the same thing will happen to Joanna when all of her past achievements are publicized. Obviously if she makes it I will dial my little fingers off for her but it should be interesting to see what happens.

Rachel

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 24th, 2008, 9:08 pm #8

Well hopefully she just deleted them online for now but will put them back after the American Idol season is over.
They are sworn to secrecy so it makes sense she took the blogs down. I'd love to see her get the publicity she deserves by being on AI.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

July 24th, 2008, 9:24 pm #9

I don't understand why she can't tell how she did at the AI audition in Louisville. The auditions this past weekend were preliminary auditions for the "real" auditions in September in front of Randy, Paula and Simon (at Churchill Downs.) The T.V. newspeople in Louisville stood outside the fairgrounds and interviewed people as they came out. The contestants were interviewed in the newspaper too. All of the people interviewed told the reporters if they will move on or not.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

July 24th, 2008, 11:04 pm #10

I don't really get it either. Since it's preliminary maybe she's chosing not to say. But I know most are sworn to secrecy so the outcomes won't be known until the show is aired.

I am looking foward to seeing her though!