Jeans???

Jeans???

Morgan
Morgan

March 28th, 2008, 10:35 pm #1

I know this topic went around before, but is it appropriate to wear jeans to a Broadway show? Of course, by "jeans" I mean nice jeans with shoes - not dingy, old jeans. Julie, I would love to hear your take on this. I've been to many shows in the past and never have worn them. I'm just sick and tired of getting dressed up every day for work and would love to be casual and comfortable in the city for once. However, I also don't want to appear disrespectful. I might be going to lunch with some of the cast before the show, so I'm trying hard to do the right thing. Anyone have an opinion?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 28th, 2008, 11:43 pm #2

Morgan:

I really think it has become a personal choice. I personally enjoy getting a little dressed up to go to the theatre, but people wear whatever they want these days. I think if you wore a nice pair of black pants (not jeans), you would appear to be more dressed up.

Julie

french_girl
french_girl

March 29th, 2008, 11:45 am #3

I know this topic went around before, but is it appropriate to wear jeans to a Broadway show? Of course, by "jeans" I mean nice jeans with shoes - not dingy, old jeans. Julie, I would love to hear your take on this. I've been to many shows in the past and never have worn them. I'm just sick and tired of getting dressed up every day for work and would love to be casual and comfortable in the city for once. However, I also don't want to appear disrespectful. I might be going to lunch with some of the cast before the show, so I'm trying hard to do the right thing. Anyone have an opinion?
you mean to see the show ? i don't see why you couldn't... i know there is a "respect" idea with getting dressed when you go to theatre, but well.. as long as you're dressed decently.. wow i had actually forgot about that, it's true that you usually have to be well dressed when going to a show. anyway, i don't think that a nice pair of jean's is disrespectful (unrespectful ?)

Dina
Dina

March 29th, 2008, 12:01 pm #4

I agree. You can easily dress up a pair of jeans (darker washes are a little dressier than the lighter, more faded ones) with a nice pair of boots or shoes, a nice jersey/sweater and a couple of attractive accessories like a nice handbag and a pretty pair of earrings.

PS We should ask Sasha Charnin about this--she is the style maven!!