Introducing ourselves?

Meghan
Meghan

March 27th, 2008, 5:14 am #1

I though maybe it would be fun if anyone who wanted to might want to introduce themselves in some way, maybe saying where they are from, what there annie connection is, how long they have been a fan, etc. Obviously we shouldn't reveal anything personal, but maybe knowing a bit about each other might be fun and interesting. It always amazes me the different locations people are from, like England, and France and Guam! it is pretty cool!

Mary
Mary

March 27th, 2008, 11:43 am #2

Hi my name is mary and i am 35 no kids just thre dogs that are like my kids dashunds i have Cerebral palsy and the doctors said that i would never be able to walk or talk but i do both.....i live in pittsburgh pennsylivana and have been a fan of Annie ever since i was about 8 years old i just love that girl and her friends. i don't work but i do volunteer one day a week at my mom's school where she works most of the time i am on here and in the chat room ( Hint Hint) and i play pogo games.

old fan
old fan

March 27th, 2008, 1:39 pm #3

Your accomplishments are impressive. I liked your idea of what changes people would like to make to "Annie." As for me, old news...I have been a fan since I heard of Annie pre-Broadway in 1976-7.Two kids and a dog. Was a nurse, now self-employed. From Canada originally. Love this forum.

Dina
Dina

March 27th, 2008, 1:59 pm #4

I though maybe it would be fun if anyone who wanted to might want to introduce themselves in some way, maybe saying where they are from, what there annie connection is, how long they have been a fan, etc. Obviously we shouldn't reveal anything personal, but maybe knowing a bit about each other might be fun and interesting. It always amazes me the different locations people are from, like England, and France and Guam! it is pretty cool!
Turning 40 in 2 1/2 weeks (YIKES!!), from Montreal originally (currently live in Toronto), have a 7 year old son, work as a therapist in a the Dept. of Family Medicine in a big teaching hospital....been a fan of "Annie" since about 1978 when I first heard the album--saw the show for the first time in December 1979 and many, many times subsequently. Been a regular on this forum since it started in 2000.

Sorry to bore all those who already know this info!!

Kris
Kris

March 27th, 2008, 2:25 pm #5

I just introduced myself the other day but here goes. My name is Kris and I am 35 years old. I was born in the midwest and still live in the midwest although I'm in a different state now. I have been married for almost 14 years and we have 5 gorgeous daughters. I have been an Annie fan for as long as I can remember LOL. My dance teacher told my parents to have me audition for Annie when I was 6 and I got cast as Molly. I've been hooked ever since and now that I have 5 girls of my own I get to listen to the music still LOL. Someday I would love to play Grace although I do sing Little Girls regularly to my crazy girls LOL.

CindyS
CindyS

March 27th, 2008, 2:31 pm #6

Live in the Southeast. Married 22 years. Just turned 51. Have two daughters, both heavily involved in musical theater. Younger dd played July in two separate Equity productions of "Annie". Oldest about to graduate college.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 27th, 2008, 2:41 pm #7

It's been a while since I remember us doing this, so there's probably a few people who don't know my stuff:

I'm a SAHM to two girls (ages 5 and 3.5). I'm expecting our third child (huge, huge surprise) this fall. We are a military family, and my husband is on deployment more than he's home, but we're working on that.

I became an Annie fan after the Christmas special and became a fanatic in 1980 when I saw Theda Stemler and company at the Fischer Theater in Detroit.

My two girls are also fanatics (the older one has seen the tour twice and the younger one caught her first show last month). They are stage door groupies already.

The oldest is doing HKL for her tap number this year and is so jazzed to have the "Santa Clause? What's that? Who's he?" solo.

I majored in Musical Theatre in college, but switched it to my minor when I realized I probably wasn't tough enough for the business. Now I'm one of those moms with a masters degree who dreams about going back to work one day. In the meantime, we are lucky that I'm able to stay home with my girls.

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 27th, 2008, 2:53 pm #8

I'm Chrissy, 20 (turning 21 in May), and I live on Long Island. I've been posting regularly (and sometimes, not-so-regularly) since 2002. I'm an acting major at a community college, and I absolutely love it. I'm the youngest of four, and I have 3 nieces and 1 nephew. My middle niece (2 1/2 years old) is already starting to love Annie. I became an Annie fan in 1996 when I was cast in a small commmunity theatre production as Annie. I've done a bunch of other shows, both onstage and backstage. I'm hopefully moving to Florida at the end of May to work at Disney World through their college program.

Rachel
Rachel

March 27th, 2008, 4:28 pm #9

I'm Rachel (obviously), 24 years old, and I live in NYC. I currently work at a publication company that prints business-to-business trade magazines and newspapers. I used to work for Trump Magazine writing the "Apprentice" section and was much more creatively satisfied but the company went under and I had to pay the bills so you take what you can get. I also work part-time for BroadwayWorld. I'm hoping to stay in entertainment journalism. I have been posting on the forum since it was first created in 2000. I don't really remember the point at which I became a diehard "Annie" fan. I watched the movie when I was very young but even then I didn't like it. I think I got into it when I was around 12 or so.

I'm enjoying reading about everybody.

Rachel

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

March 27th, 2008, 5:11 pm #10

I am 62 and a retired finance manager at AT&T. At the beginning of my career I was an elementary music and chorus teacher in schools, and it was that experience that made me like Annie so much the first time I saw it in 1981.

I am still a stubborn, crusty old bachelor but am an uncle 4 times and a granduncle 7 times.

I was co-president of the international Annie Fan Club from 1983 to 1998 and co-published over 80 issues of our newsletter Annie People. Over those years I got to meet dozens of Annie stars and former Annie stars and do articles and photo shoots on them.

I spent 25 years collecting every Little Orphan Annie item I could find, and I was honored to be asked to show my collection museum in Life After Tomorrow. Since then, the harsh realities of retiring and moving down South to a much smaller place meant that I sold most of the collection and put the rest in storage for now. I still remain a big fan of everything Annie, including the old newspaper comic strip.

Compared to a lot of Forum posters, I got into Annie rather late in life and missed early Broadway and the Nationals, but became hooked with the release of the movie in 1982. I enjoy reading on the Forum about fans who were fortunate to have seen the 1970s-era Annies. Although I didn't see Louanne on stage, today she is one of my closest friends.

It is rewarding to see from Julie's Forum how much attention continues to be given to the history of this great musical, and I doubt if there has ever been a Broadway show with this big and this loyal a fan base remaining a quarter century after its closing!