old fan
old fan

March 28th, 2008, 10:39 pm #31

I though maybe it would be fun if anyone who wanted to might want to introduce themselves in some way, maybe saying where they are from, what there annie connection is, how long they have been a fan, etc. Obviously we shouldn't reveal anything personal, but maybe knowing a bit about each other might be fun and interesting. It always amazes me the different locations people are from, like England, and France and Guam! it is pretty cool!
so far, there's US, UK, Canada, Norway, Sweden, France, Guam...where else ?

Isaac
Isaac

March 29th, 2008, 12:27 am #32

I though maybe it would be fun if anyone who wanted to might want to introduce themselves in some way, maybe saying where they are from, what there annie connection is, how long they have been a fan, etc. Obviously we shouldn't reveal anything personal, but maybe knowing a bit about each other might be fun and interesting. It always amazes me the different locations people are from, like England, and France and Guam! it is pretty cool!
I'm Isaac. I'm fifteen years old and I live in Alabama, where I try and do as much musical stuff as I can. I've taken piano for a year and I have performed in several plays & musicals, and been the Assistant Director for one of them and a stage manager for another. I've been in the chorus of Annie, performed Winthrop in "The Music Man", and am currently performing the role of "Slim/Ike/Fred/any other guys who don't have people to play them" in Oklahoma! I am heavily involved in leading singing at my church, and I take piano. In addition to this, I'm in my school's mixed choir, and we have placed superior at district/state for the last two years. I have also performed in the Alabama All-State Choir for three years. As you can see, my life revolves around music.

Dina
Dina

March 29th, 2008, 1:13 am #33

My Name is Kori Barnett I'm 28 years old i live in Oregon I have been an Annie Fan for a long time. I have a learnig disabiled. I have never been in Annie. But i wish i could be Grace or sing tomorrow with fdr. I am in Special Olympics there's videos of Special olympics Oregon on you-tube just typin special olympics oregon and there you go. I Wish I could be a Sea World trainner at sea world san Diego I do love KIller whales they are so neat and Pritty if you go to www.shamu.com you can see the Orca's from Sea World San diego Kori Hope to get life after tomorrow
Hey Kori,

If you do get to see a copy of "Life After Tomorrow", you will see that Ana Lovelis (aka Stacey Morze) makes a very comical reference to Shamu and Sea World. I will say no more at this point! Beware, it is a little off-color--but hysterical!!

Dina

french_girl
french_girl

March 29th, 2008, 11:47 am #34

so far, there's US, UK, Canada, Norway, Sweden, France, Guam...where else ?
israel for me too!! i'm both

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 30th, 2008, 11:57 pm #35

Hey Kori,

If you do get to see a copy of "Life After Tomorrow", you will see that Ana Lovelis (aka Stacey Morze) makes a very comical reference to Shamu and Sea World. I will say no more at this point! Beware, it is a little off-color--but hysterical!!

Dina
That was HYSTERICAL! Ana cracked me up.

As did Jessica with her line of "we taunted the hookers"

Ned
Ned

March 31st, 2008, 2:25 pm #36

My name is Katarina and I'll soon be 25. I live in Sweden and work as a journalist.

I fell in love with the original movie as a kid and started to build my Annie website when I was about 13 years old - first about the movie and later also about the stage play.

I saw the stage production for the first time with the London touring company in 1999 in England.

I have not done anything to my Annie website for a long time and it has been down for some months now but it will probably open here soon (maybe not as big as before):

http://www.theanniewebsite.com

/Katarina, Sweden
I fell in love with "Annie" when my Sunday School teacher loaned me the OBC album after he and his wife went to the show sometime in 1977. I didn't see the show for myself until 1979 with Mary K. Lombardi, Norwood Smith, Ruth Kobart and Kristi Coombs. Loved it. I saw two more of the touring companies. My family lived in PA and couldn't afford Broadway at that point. I was disappointed with the "Annie" movie because of missing songs and plot changes, although I enjoyed seeing Aileen Quinn perform live in my hometown in a benefit. I followed the evolution of the sequel and saw "Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge" in DC before it closed and never went to Broadway. It later went on to become "Annie Warbucks," which I saw in NYC during its run. I also saw the 20th Anniversary Tour with Brittny and the 30th Anniversary Tour with Marissa. I enjoyed the Disney version of "Annie" mainly because of the participation of Audra McDonald and Andrea McArdle, two of my all-time favorites.

I married at 37 while I was a missionary in Ecuador. Now my wife and I live in Guam and work at a small Bible college which trains men and women from all over the Pacific rim. I teach English and ministry courses. We have two children (4 and 2). I'm still waiting for a production of "Annie" to come to Guam. Perhaps I could play Daddy Warbucks. I'm bald enough for it. HA! But I haven't acted since I did and outdoor production of "West Side Story" back in 1994.

I have really enjoyed celebrating my love for "Annie" through this forum. I learn so much from all of you. Thanks to Julie and everyone else. God bless you.

Ned

Laura
Laura

March 31st, 2008, 8:12 pm #37

My name is Laura and I have 3 daughters and we live in California. Two of my daughters are now adults (yikes, when did that happen?) My middle daughter toured in the 20th and my youngest child recently auditioned for the tour.

Jessie
Jessie

April 1st, 2008, 3:39 am #38

Hello! My name is Jessie. I'm 16 and I live in southern California. I’ve acted since I was little, about 4, took a break and got into sports and other stuff, and now I play softball for my high school. I got back into theatre in about 5th grade, and have acted ever since. And I currently do musical theater and am almost always in a show. I barely have any gaps. It’s my life. hahaha

I've been in love with Annie for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching the original movie with Aileen Quinn and then when the Disney movie came out, I got obsessed with that. haha I have been in one production of Annie and I played pepper. That was a great experience for me and a fun show, especially because I got to play a character so far from my personality. That’s one of the things I love most about acting. Being someone so different from who you really are. = )

I saw the tour during its first year with the original cast (with the Ryan girls, who are AMAZING... if you don’t already know. hahaha) when it came to the Pantages in L.A. That’s about the time I found this forum, I think. Anyway, I’ve been here since then... so I guess about 3 years. I have just recently started posting, and am not that frequent of a poster, only when I have a theatre question or I actually have something important to say. ahahaha Otherwise, I just enjoy reading the posts and hearing stories and about auditions and stuff.

And yep, that’s me! = )