Jenna
Jenna

March 27th, 2008, 6:14 pm #11

I though maybe it would be fun if anyone who wanted to might want to introduce themselves in some way, maybe saying where they are from, what there annie connection is, how long they have been a fan, etc. Obviously we shouldn't reveal anything personal, but maybe knowing a bit about each other might be fun and interesting. It always amazes me the different locations people are from, like England, and France and Guam! it is pretty cool!
Hi everyone! My name is Jenna and I am 32, almost 33 years old. I have a BA in elementary education and performing arts. I am a Stay at Home Mom to Annie age 2 1/2. I also teach dance and gymnastics. I have loved Annie since I was a child, I guess that is why I names my daughter that. Funny thing is she has red curly hair. I found this forum because I know a current orphan on tour. I use to check it out by searching her name to see all the stuff people wrote about her, but now I love reading everyone's post.

tonya
tonya

March 27th, 2008, 6:31 pm #12

I though maybe it would be fun if anyone who wanted to might want to introduce themselves in some way, maybe saying where they are from, what there annie connection is, how long they have been a fan, etc. Obviously we shouldn't reveal anything personal, but maybe knowing a bit about each other might be fun and interesting. It always amazes me the different locations people are from, like England, and France and Guam! it is pretty cool!
I am 31 yo and live in the good ole' south! I homeschool our three children ages 10, 9, and 5. I am also a nurse in the neonatal ICU in our local hospital. Allison is our theater lover (10 yo) and she introduced me to musical theater. I had never seen a musical until she was 6 yo!! She loved the Annie movie with Alicia Morton- The first Annie movie scared me to death when I was little (the chase scenes). She has also auditioned in NYC for the tour and in Atlanta for TOTS. We try to make all the tours that come this way.

Cheryl
Cheryl

March 27th, 2008, 7:01 pm #13

I am a 34 year old mom of a 22 month old daughter and soon to be newborn son! I also teach special education. We live in Rhode Island. I have been an Annie fan since the 1982 movie. Since then I have seen the stage version more times than I can count! It pleases me to hear my daughter sing herself to sleep every night!!! I hope she is into musicals when she gets older (although, she is exposed often in the car when I listen to my CDs! LOL) I have posted on here a few times and I enjoy reading everyone's posts!!!

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

March 27th, 2008, 7:04 pm #14

Well... I'm Paul and I'm 20, from the UK. I first seen the original movie of Annie, and I thought it was great. Then the 1999 movie came out and I was interested to see this different version. Then in 2004 the tour UK tour came around and I had to get seeing it. The tour changed my view of Annie. I no longer liked the movies. Nothing could compare to the stage show. I was actually quite annoyed about the first movie cutting out Annie's "Tomorrow." From 2004 onwards I knew I liked musical theatre and have been performing in musicals since then.

March 27th, 2008, 7:25 pm #15

My name's Cécile, I'm 32, I live in Paris, France and I teach English, mainly to adults but also at university. I've always been interested in children in show business and I became interested in Annie after seeing the 20/20 documentary about the 20th anniversary tour. It was the time I started surfing on internet and began finding all sorts of photos and videos which made me even more interested.
I can't really remember when I started posting on this forum, which I found through Long John's former Annie forum, but it's been a while now!
I still have to see a live production of Annie...

Meghan
Meghan

March 27th, 2008, 7:56 pm #16

Hi, I am Meghan. I am 16 years old and an avid musical theater performer. Even though I am 16 I could still easily play an orphan (and have had a couple of callbacks for annie somewhat recently too) because i am barely 5 feet tall and look pretty young. Thats a good thing in the theater world but in pretty much every other situation i hate looking like a 12 year old. lol...what can you do? I have been in Annie and Annie Warbucks each twice, playing Annie, Tessie, and Pepper twice. I was always fascinated by, (or maybe a little jealous of) professional child performers, which is what lead me to this site. I've been around since just before casting of the 30th Anniversary tour, so i guess that is going on 3 years now, but really only started posting often recently.

Jo
Jo

March 27th, 2008, 8:20 pm #17

Hi, I'm Joanna and an avid AnnieOrphan forum lurker for a couple of years now (posted several times in the past)

I'm 19, a Californian, and have loved Annie since I was really little; started watching the movie with Aileen Quinn (inspired many years of Annie halloween costumes!; progressed to the stage version and realized nothing compares; performed Annie twice (still have one of my lockets)

I'm an actress mainly musical theatre, but my recent obsession is Shakespeare.

Colleen
Colleen

March 27th, 2008, 10:56 pm #18

I'm happy to say that I've seen ANNIE on stage more times than I can remember!

I live in Rhode Island, have worked for the telephone company, an airline, and have now worked at AAA for three years.

I have a great 25 year old daughter named Katie, who I hope will someday give me a grand-daughter who will WANT to be pushed into the performing arts! Katie never wanted anything to do with dance, gymnastics....nothing but soccer and softball for her! Someday you'll be hearing about this "awful stage-grandmother"....that'll be me! LOL!!

I met Julie a couple of years ago when I was visitng in L.A......she's a great gal!

Kori
Kori

March 28th, 2008, 1:58 am #19

My Name is Kori Barnett I'm 28 years old i live in Oregon I have been an Annie Fan for a long time. I have a learnig disabiled. I have never been in Annie. But i wish i could be Grace or sing tomorrow with fdr. I am in Special Olympics there's videos of Special olympics Oregon on you-tube just typin special olympics oregon and there you go. I Wish I could be a Sea World trainner at sea world san Diego I do love KIller whales they are so neat and Pritty if you go to www.shamu.com you can see the Orca's from Sea World San diego Kori Hope to get life after tomorrow

Katarina (Norway)
Katarina (Norway)

March 28th, 2008, 6:11 am #20

My name is Katarina, I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Norway! I have been singing and doing theatre all my life, and lately also been dancing. The last 2 years I worked off broad (in Greece) as a show artist. Now I'm at home, expecting my first baby. Me and my boyfriend is gonna have a baby boy in july!

PS: I was also used to be a very active ANNIE collector, and had ALOT of stuff on my hard drive, but it got stolen when I worked in Greece, and I didn't have a backup.. The biggest mistake in my life!!!

- Katarina -