I'm Sunny's mom

gloria naughton
gloria naughton

May 12th, 2008, 12:37 pm #1

Thanks so much for those videos. I saw the show only 3 times this past nine months, and this was fabulous to see. Also thanks to everyone who posted nice things about my daughter. This was a very exciting time for her and me!!!Everyone associated with this show was wonderful, Martin was so nice to everyone and they all love him. Sunny made some lifetime friends through this tour....

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 12th, 2008, 4:57 pm #2

Thanks for your post, Gloria. It looked like Sunny was having a good time on stage and she blended in with the kids really well. I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.

Julie Stevens

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

May 12th, 2008, 5:03 pm #3

Thanks so much for those videos. I saw the show only 3 times this past nine months, and this was fabulous to see. Also thanks to everyone who posted nice things about my daughter. This was a very exciting time for her and me!!!Everyone associated with this show was wonderful, Martin was so nice to everyone and they all love him. Sunny made some lifetime friends through this tour....
Hi Miss Gloria,
I am glad to hear that it was such a positive experience for Sunny. I got to see her perform once when Grace was out sick, and I thought she did great. I had heard earlier in the day that Grace was out, so I went in with a "we'll see," attitude. Sunny did a great job playing a kid though, so I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think I would have known her age had I not followed the tour and casting so closely. At the end of the show, I asked the gal sitting next to me if she could tell, and she was totally shocked. Tell Sunny, "Well done!"
Take care ...

Dan
Dan

May 14th, 2008, 12:56 am #4

Julie,
I never mentioned to you when I met you here in New York that I am Sunny's best friend. We grew up together in Vermont and she was hired a year ago for the job on the day of my birthday...June 1st...talk about a present.
I am so glad you enjoyed the tour...the show sure has changed hasn't it! Some for the better and some for reasons I'm not sure of. I wasn't able to see the tour when it played our home state. It was upsetting because she was able to perform and there were tons of friends and family in the audience.
I was able to see the tour in Boston at the Citi Performing Arts Center-Wang Theatre where I had seen the 20th tour some ten years ago! I kept my trip a secret and was able to surprise her at the stage door with the help of my friend Andy Meyers (Bert Healy).
Grace was a fantastic Annie. I'm always rooting for the understudies! Sunny asked me before the show if I was going to cry. I told her I'd never cried at Annie. WELL...the minute the trumpet started "Tomorrow" I was a mess. Seeing my best friend up there living my dream in my favorite show is a feeling I cannot express.

Thank u Thank u Thank u for the videos!

Dan

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 14th, 2008, 4:41 am #5

And the circle just gets smaller, doesn't it, Dan? I'm so glad you enjoyed the video of Sunny. For those of you reading this, Dan helped me out at the Barnes & Noble event I did in March for "Life After Tomorrow" and is responsible for the video that was shot. So thanks again to you!!

It's hard for me not to get emotional during the Overture, let alone certain songs in the show. Not only do memories come flooding back, but I'm also still so impressed by all of the beautiful orchestrations (even if they were canned sounds in the NETworks tour).

Julie