annie fan
annie fan

September 26th, 2008, 12:14 am #11

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Does this video have anything to do with the election or politics in general?
I know nothing about politics - but LOVE Les Miz and enjoyed this video.
The lip-syncing was really good!
Was that the OBC recording?

Rachel
Rachel

September 27th, 2008, 2:50 am #12

Yes, it relates to the presidential election, specifically Barack Obama's campaign. The Thenardiers ("Watch 'em run amuck / Catch 'em if they fall," etc.) are John McCain and Sarah Palin in the video. I don't think I can really say much else without turning this into a very heated political debate.

Rachel

Rachel
Rachel

September 27th, 2008, 2:58 am #13

I didn't mean that the Thenardier characters were literally played by John McCain and Sarah Palin...they are actors impersonating John McCain and Sarah Palin.

It's not the OBC because that is definitely not Frances Ruffelle and the actress playing Palin is clearly doing it in Palin's accent.

Rachel

old fan
old fan

September 27th, 2008, 7:00 pm #14

...the 10th anniversary recording...it sounds to me like Colm Wilkinson and Philip Quast?? Just a guess, as I don't own it.

September 27th, 2008, 11:32 pm #15

That's the one I own and it sounded very similar.

old fan
old fan

September 27th, 2008, 11:39 pm #16

Is it with the actors I mentioned, plus Lea Salonga etc. I wish I did have it..it was on television quite a few times, and on Youtube etc. I love it ! Or is your recording a different cast ?

September 28th, 2008, 8:17 am #17

With the most wonderful Valjean of all the international Valjeans that sing at the end: the French one!

old fan
old fan

September 28th, 2008, 2:16 pm #18

Now I have the urge to buy a copy...it's been a while since I saw it. I think in the vid I posted the guys are trying to copy the accents of this cast, too.