How to pronounce "Theda"

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

August 14th, 2008, 11:57 pm #1

Hello All,
As many of you know, Theda Stemler was the first Annie I got to see, and also my favorite. Through the years, I have met at least two other "Theda's" that I can recall (odd, since that's such an uncommon name). However, the both pronounced their name differently. Can anyone "phonetic" it out for me? I've always wondered ...
Thanks ...

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

August 15th, 2008, 1:55 am #2

I met Theda at the premiere of Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge in Washington in December 1989, and I believe it is pronounced THEE-da with a soft TH. There was a famous actress in the early 20th century named Theda Bara.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 15th, 2008, 7:12 am #3

Hello All,
As many of you know, Theda Stemler was the first Annie I got to see, and also my favorite. Through the years, I have met at least two other "Theda's" that I can recall (odd, since that's such an uncommon name). However, the both pronounced their name differently. Can anyone "phonetic" it out for me? I've always wondered ...
Thanks ...
Yes, Jon is correct. It is pronounced Thee (rhymes with tree) - Duh.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

August 15th, 2008, 1:53 pm #4

Hello All,
Thanks ...
That is a question I've always meant to ask, but never did for whatever reason!
Have a nice weekend ...