Hi Everyone! I'm baaaaack from China! (for a bit)

Grief
Grief

May 8th, 2008, 5:14 pm #1

Hello!

I am back in the USA. We are on a one-month hiatus from the Sound of Music Asia tour, so I got to come home and spend May with my family (especially my baby nephew!).

For those of you who have been reading (and commenting on) my blog, thanks so much! I love getting input. For those who haven't, if you're interested, here it is. I've tried to post a lot of pictures and write interesting and informative things:

http://soundofmusicasia.blogspot.com/

If anyone has any questions about our show, our cast, or about the touring experience, I'd be happy to post more. Feel free to ask.

We fly back to China at the end of the month, and I'm very excited to return!

-Grief

May 8th, 2008, 5:59 pm #2

Thanks for updating it so regularly. It's so fun and informative!

Noel
Noel

May 8th, 2008, 11:33 pm #3

Hello!

I am back in the USA. We are on a one-month hiatus from the Sound of Music Asia tour, so I got to come home and spend May with my family (especially my baby nephew!).

For those of you who have been reading (and commenting on) my blog, thanks so much! I love getting input. For those who haven't, if you're interested, here it is. I've tried to post a lot of pictures and write interesting and informative things:

If anyone has any questions about our show, our cast, or about the touring experience, I'd be happy to post more. Feel free to ask.

-Grief
I have found it interesting and entertaining, and I have I learned a lot from you as well. Thanks for all the work you put in to it.

old fan
old fan

May 8th, 2008, 11:39 pm #4

Hello!

-Grief
Beautiful pictures and great anecdotes.

starting out
starting out

May 9th, 2008, 1:16 am #5

Hello!

-Grief
I have really enjoyed reading your blog and the linked blogs from your castmates. Sounds very interesting to say the least! Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you and get an idea of touring abroad! Enjoy your time off!

starting out
starting out

May 9th, 2008, 1:19 am #6

How do you think the kids are holding up? I wish one of the parents of the younger cast members would do a blog. Maybe you can persuade one of them? I can only imagine some of the thoughts and ideas the youngsters are having while in Asia!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

May 9th, 2008, 11:00 am #7

Hello!

-Grief
Enjoy your time at home, and get some rest.

I checked out the blogs of the other cast members too, and I am impressed by how much you girls really do look like sisters!

It looks like you're have a blast. This is quite an opportunity for all of you. Have fun and stay safe!

Meghan
Meghan

May 9th, 2008, 1:48 pm #8

Hello!

-Grief
HI!

I love reading your blog, and all the other cast member's too. I can only imagine the crazy experiences you guys are having, I am so jealous. lol. I have an audition tommorow morning for a professional production of Sound of Music. I'm hoping for Briggita or Louisa. Even though i am 17 I am only about 4 11 barely, and this theater has in the past cast their Von Trapps on the taller side. Anyways, just wanted to say i love following your blog.

best wishes and enjoy your time off!
Meghan

Grief
Grief

May 9th, 2008, 5:59 pm #9

Let us know how the audition goes! You sound like you'd be perfect for Louisa OR Brigitta, at your height, depending on whether they cast it small or tall. I'm 5' as Louisa, and our Brigitta is about 4'10 1/2". She may be taller than I am by the end of our run!

Grief
Grief

May 9th, 2008, 6:02 pm #10

How do you think the kids are holding up? I wish one of the parents of the younger cast members would do a blog. Maybe you can persuade one of them? I can only imagine some of the thoughts and ideas the youngsters are having while in Asia!
Most of the kids do have blogs, but they (or their parents) just haven't kept up on them at all! The kids are pretty busy, busier than the adults because they have to fit school into their schedule, on top of performances and press events. And sleep! They definitely get tired sometimes, especially the youngest ones, but we also have a girl swing who will be going on somewhat regularly as Gretl or Marta, to give the other girls a break, particularly on two-show days.

They are doing really well. It's a nice group of kids, and I like them all very much -- they're so much fun to work with and so funny and interesting! Some of the adults ask me whether it bothers me that I am, in a way, one of the kids, and it really doesn't at all.