french_girl
french_girl

May 9th, 2008, 8:43 pm #11

Hello!

I am back in the USA. We are on a one-month hiatus from the Sound of Music Asia tour, so I got to come home and spend May with my family (especially my baby nephew!).

For those of you who have been reading (and commenting on) my blog, thanks so much! I love getting input. For those who haven't, if you're interested, here it is. I've tried to post a lot of pictures and write interesting and informative things:

http://soundofmusicasia.blogspot.com/

If anyone has any questions about our show, our cast, or about the touring experience, I'd be happy to post more. Feel free to ask.

We fly back to China at the end of the month, and I'm very excited to return!

-Grief
i used to read it before my coputer broke. (i got it back just for a week or so). it's very interesting!
my chinese class was actually in China while you were there too (i didn't go)

zaijian! (or however it's spelled lol)

Jessie
Jessie

May 10th, 2008, 5:46 am #12

HI!

I love reading your blog, and all the other cast member's too. I can only imagine the crazy experiences you guys are having, I am so jealous. lol. I have an audition tommorow morning for a professional production of Sound of Music. I'm hoping for Briggita or Louisa. Even though i am 17 I am only about 4 11 barely, and this theater has in the past cast their Von Trapps on the taller side. Anyways, just wanted to say i love following your blog.

best wishes and enjoy your time off!
Meghan
Hey! if you dont mind me asking, what theatre is doing it? i rememebered from a while back when you posted that you do theater in southern california. me too. (im also 17). anyway, i was just wondering what theatre your auditioning at. im tryint to branch out and try new theatres, so i thought id see which one you like!

-jessie

Meghan
Meghan

May 11th, 2008, 7:02 pm #13

HI!

I love reading your blog, and all the other cast member's too. I can only imagine the crazy experiences you guys are having, I am so jealous. lol. I have an audition tommorow morning for a professional production of Sound of Music. I'm hoping for Briggita or Louisa. Even though i am 17 I am only about 4 11 barely, and this theater has in the past cast their Von Trapps on the taller side. Anyways, just wanted to say i love following your blog.

best wishes and enjoy your time off!
Meghan
Ok, so Greif asked if i would report back after my audition so here goes.

There was about 100 kids and they sent us onstage in groups and we each had a line of "Do Re Mi" to sing (kinda like the way Martin Charnin runs Annie Auditions) and then a cut was made. They kept about 8 or 9 for each of the younger roles (gretl, marta, kurt) and only about 4 for the rest and then they put us in lines onstage by role. I was with the "brigittas" who were all a good 5 years younger than me, but my height. we sang some more and they made another cut, and i was still asked to stay, but i had a 12:30 call time for another show i am in right now, and it was already close to 1:00. It killed me to have to leave because i knew it would ruin my chances, and i had been doing so well. I felt even worse because i had to take my little sister (who was being considered for marta) with me and she was doing really great as well, and to me it seemed like the directors were really liking her, but she had no other way of getting home. I was pretty bummed, but i guess i didnt really have a choice.

the choreographer of sound of music also happens to be the director of my other show, and when he got to my other show he started talking to me about the auditions (he hadnt been there) and i asked him how much he thinks it will have hurt me for having to leave early, and he told me that he had seen the final 3 headshots for each role and mine wasnt one of them. I am definately pretty sad about that because I know i was not the worst of the 4 girls who were till left when i had to go and i really really wanted this show. especially since he also said that they were thinking of triple casting the kids because everyone was so talented. (they were originally gonna do 2 casts and 2 swings). the good thing he told me was that my sisters headshot was still left, so maybe she will get it. I really kinda wish he hadnt told me i wasnt going to get it because it kinda put me ina slump for the shows yesterday. o well.

Anyways, i apoligize if this doesnt interest anyone, it is OT, feel free to ignore it

TO JESSIE: this audition was at the curtain call in the tustin, its a proffessional dinner theater. Where do you live? I am in orange county and am really only knowledgable of the theaters around here.

jessie
jessie

May 11th, 2008, 7:35 pm #14

Oh yeah, i know about that theater. i know a lot of people who have done stuff there.

im actually gonna email you off the forum. (just so you know)

= ]

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 12th, 2008, 3:24 am #15

There was about 100 kids and they sent us onstage in groups and we each had a line of "Do Re Mi" to sing (kinda like the way Martin Charnin runs Annie Auditions) and then a cut was made. They kept about 8 or 9 for each of the younger roles (gretl, marta, kurt) and only about 4 for the rest and then they put us in lines onstage by role. I was with the "brigittas" who were all a good 5 years younger than me, but my height. we sang some more and they made another cut, and i was still asked to stay, but i had a 12:30 call time for another show i am in right now, and it was already close to 1:00. It killed me to have to leave because i knew it would ruin my chances, and i had been doing so well. I felt even worse because i had to take my little sister (who was being considered for marta) with me and she was doing really great as well, and to me it seemed like the directors were really liking her, but she had no other way of getting home. I was pretty bummed, but i guess i didnt really have a choice.

the choreographer of sound of music also happens to be the director of my other show, and when he got to my other show he started talking to me about the auditions (he hadnt been there) and i asked him how much he thinks it will have hurt me for having to leave early, and he told me that he had seen the final 3 headshots for each role and mine wasnt one of them. I am definately pretty sad about that because I know i was not the worst of the 4 girls who were till left when i had to go and i really really wanted this show. especially since he also said that they were thinking of triple casting the kids because everyone was so talented. (they were originally gonna do 2 casts and 2 swings). the good thing he told me was that my sisters headshot was still left, so maybe she will get it. I really kinda wish he hadnt told me i wasnt going to get it because it kinda put me ina slump for the shows yesterday. o well.

Anyways, i apoligize if this doesnt interest anyone, it is OT, feel free to ignore it

TO JESSIE: this audition was at the curtain call in the tustin, its a proffessional dinner theater. Where do you live? I am in orange county and am really only knowledgable of the theaters around here.
Meghan,

What time did the SOM audition start?

Meghan
Meghan

May 12th, 2008, 4:20 am #16

The audition began at 10, and the notice said it would end at noon, which would have given me plenty of time for a 1230 call time. I wasnt surprised, i kind of expected it to go longer than that though. why were you asking?

Grief
Grief

May 12th, 2008, 4:40 am #17

Sounds like you did really well and had a good chance, and it was just the bad timing that may have messed things up for you. But it's nice to know that it's out of your hands, right? Also, you are in a show right now, which is great. Since you're small, I hope you'll probably have more chances to do The Sound of Music in the future!

And I agree, it's too bad the director of your show told you the news and let you down, especially before you had to perform. I always think it's nice to just forget about an audition, and then if you don't hear anything back, it doesn't hit you very hard.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 12th, 2008, 4:45 pm #18

The audition began at 10, and the notice said it would end at noon, which would have given me plenty of time for a 1230 call time. I wasnt surprised, i kind of expected it to go longer than that though. why were you asking?
I wondered if those holding the audition weren't sticking to their times, that's all.