Hey RLS, Get that Orange Ribbon Ready!

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 4th, 2008, 10:48 pm #1

. . . we're going to NY in Sept!

RLS
RLS

August 5th, 2008, 1:29 am #2

My daughter is currently PRAYING that she won't be too tall, but she is really close. That will be 3 days after her birthday, so maybe we can all go out to lunch to celebrate her birthday and auditions with any forum members who are near the city! :O)

Laura
Laura

August 5th, 2008, 4:03 pm #3

We will be there also. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 5th, 2008, 7:43 pm #4

Great! It'll be fun to meet you!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 5th, 2008, 8:41 pm #5

I am so excited because I found great prices on airfare to NYC, but how on earth does anyone afford the hotels in the city?? I knew they were pricy... but had no idea that they were THAT pricy!! Where do people stay?? Any ideas?

Natalie
Natalie

August 5th, 2008, 8:56 pm #6

Have you considered staying somewhere outside of Manhattan and taking public transportation there? I live in NYC, but I don't know too much about hotel prices. I'm sure it would be cheaper in another borough, though.

Hanniganfan
Hanniganfan

August 6th, 2008, 5:25 am #7

If some of the Forum Moms know they will be coming to NY to the auditions, you should all try and figure out where you would like to stay and try and get a group rate at someplace like The Edison on 46th street. In the heart of times square, walking distance to all the broadway theatres. A quick bus ride to Chelsea Studios, even a cab is relatively cheap from mid-town. Just a thought! Good luck everyone!

Mom in Ohio
Mom in Ohio

August 6th, 2008, 11:55 am #8

Well I just found the cost from Cincinnati. $458.00 round trip each and then the hotel. It will be a $1500.00 trip for the 2 of us.
We stayed at NOVOTEL hotel and it was very nice. Small but nice and it was walking distance to everything for Broadway shows. We took a taxi to the auditions for little money.
http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehot ... otel.shtml

tonya
tonya

August 6th, 2008, 2:41 pm #9

I am so excited because I found great prices on airfare to NYC, but how on earth does anyone afford the hotels in the city?? I knew they were pricy... but had no idea that they were THAT pricy!! Where do people stay?? Any ideas?
At the Comfort Suites or something like that (about $100 per night). There was a private car service that took us to the PATH station in Newark (less than $10). We took the train into the city and rode the subways everywhere (got a Metro card). The subways were very easy and didn't cost as much as a cab would.

chefmell
chefmell

August 6th, 2008, 9:15 pm #10

If some of the Forum Moms know they will be coming to NY to the auditions, you should all try and figure out where you would like to stay and try and get a group rate at someplace like The Edison on 46th street. In the heart of times square, walking distance to all the broadway theatres. A quick bus ride to Chelsea Studios, even a cab is relatively cheap from mid-town. Just a thought! Good luck everyone!
We stayed one night during the week at the Hearld Square Hotel which is a very clean albeit old, small hotel located on 31st Street between 5th Ave & B'way. The rooms are tiny but we didn't care. I know their rates fluctuate depending on the time of the year and the day of the week and when you book it but we got a room for under $150 including tax for a Tuesday night. I would definitely stay there again if the price was right.
http://heraldsquarehotel.com/ Good luck and see you there.