AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

August 8th, 2008, 3:39 am #21

At the Comfort Suites or something like that (about $100 per night). There was a private car service that took us to the PATH station in Newark (less than $10). We took the train into the city and rode the subways everywhere (got a Metro card). The subways were very easy and didn't cost as much as a cab would.
The Howard Johnson's in Newark has rooms with 2 double beds for $89.99 per night on 9/12 & 9/13.
With all taxes and fees is about $235 for both nights.

Mark
Mark

August 8th, 2008, 6:16 am #22

I agree. There are many hotels in Secaucus and probably also in nearby Rutherford (near Giants Stadium) and perhaps even in Clifton, across the Lincoln Tunnel.

Dina
Yes, the Rutherford, Clifton area is a great source for cheap hotels near the Lincoln Tunnel. My parents stayed here--when it was called something else a few years ago.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propert ... ropId=7700

It was so close to the tunnel and the continental breakfast was great. I think they only paid like 60 dollars at the time (we still talk about how cheap it was). I think some hotels in that area might even have shuttles into the city....and the fare for the Lincoln Tunnel has gone up to 8 dollars for entry into Manhattan only...I believe.

Mark

mom of 6
mom of 6

August 8th, 2008, 2:15 pm #23

Go to the Theater of the Stars website. They are auditioning for "H.S. Musical 2" this month. Looking for ages 11-15 who can sing and dance well. Unfortunately, my daughter won't be able to audition due to her dance company schedule, but maybe it'll work for you! The website given in the above post is the best audition source for the area. If you're interested in classes, try Atlanta Workshop Players or the Alliance Theater. Good luck!
Yes hsm2 is already on our calander. Thanks for all the other info, i will check it out.
Love it down here

LLG
LLG

August 8th, 2008, 11:47 pm #24

I am so excited because I found great prices on airfare to NYC, but how on earth does anyone afford the hotels in the city?? I knew they were pricy... but had no idea that they were THAT pricy!! Where do people stay?? Any ideas?
We fly into NJ cause it's cheaper and stay at the Robert Treat Hotel. In Newark, NJ and take the Path into the city for a $1.50!