Anyone what to share a suite?
Anyone what to share a suite?

August 6th, 2008, 10:47 pm #11

If some of the Forum Moms know they will be coming to NY to the auditions, you should all try and figure out where you would like to stay and try and get a group rate at someplace like The Edison on 46th street. In the heart of times square, walking distance to all the broadway theatres. A quick bus ride to Chelsea Studios, even a cab is relatively cheap from mid-town. Just a thought! Good luck everyone!
It will just myself and my daughter traveling this time, and we prefer to stay in the city. We could split the cost, which is simply insane that weekend! Email me if you are interested.

Laura
Laura

August 6th, 2008, 10:51 pm #12

Well I just found the cost from Cincinnati. $458.00 round trip each and then the hotel. It will be a $1500.00 trip for the 2 of us.
We stayed at NOVOTEL hotel and it was very nice. Small but nice and it was walking distance to everything for Broadway shows. We took a taxi to the auditions for little money.
http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehot ... otel.shtml
There must be something happening in the city this weekend. We stayed at the Marriot Residence Inn (on Avenue of the Americas)on 4th of July weekend for half the price that I booked it for this weekend. The nice thing about this hotel is there is complimentary breakfast and a fridge and microwave in the room.

breibren
breibren

August 6th, 2008, 11:09 pm #13

If some of the Forum Moms know they will be coming to NY to the auditions, you should all try and figure out where you would like to stay and try and get a group rate at someplace like The Edison on 46th street. In the heart of times square, walking distance to all the broadway theatres. A quick bus ride to Chelsea Studios, even a cab is relatively cheap from mid-town. Just a thought! Good luck everyone!
Prices for hotels in NYC have been pretty much sky high all summer. We stayed at the Milford a few weeks ago, the cheapest we could find. Small, but clean and cheaper than most of the others but not really cheap. Was just in NYC yesterday(Tuesday) with my daughter and could not find a hotel in the city for less than $400. We opted to leave the city after her appointments.

What I would recommend is looking into hotels in Secaucas, NJ. We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and La Quinta many times. It is a 10-15 minute ride to the city by car. The train station is not far away and we have got a bus or shuttle to the station from our hotel. It saves alot of money staying in Secaucas. La Quinta also offers complimentary breakfast, whcih is nice.

Once in awhile it is nice to stay right in the city!

Good Luck to everyone who auditions!

Patti
Patti

August 7th, 2008, 1:44 am #14

There must be something happening in the city this weekend. We stayed at the Marriot Residence Inn (on Avenue of the Americas)on 4th of July weekend for half the price that I booked it for this weekend. The nice thing about this hotel is there is complimentary breakfast and a fridge and microwave in the room.
Not sure of the price because we used Hilton/AmEx points and stayed for free, but the Hilton Garden Inn/Chelsea on 28th St. is very convenient to Chelsea Studios. We stayed there when my daughter auditioned for "13" in Dec. Close to other shopping, attractions, too. Very nice buffet breakfast. Again, not sure of cost, but super convenient. Good luck to all auditioning!

DE
DE

August 7th, 2008, 2:23 am #15

Love the Hilton Garden Inn in Chelsea. It's new and the Hampton is also close. Or you can stay at the Hampton in Harrison and take the train it.

Next, do you remember who the casting company was for 13? We were just having a discussion about that. We really don't remember!

mom of 6
mom of 6

August 7th, 2008, 2:36 am #16

Great! It'll be fun to meet you!
haven't been on for a while but it sure was good reading all your posts,
Hannah is too tall, 5'0" Boy how time flies. She's truly a young lady now (I'll have to send pics) She's busy studying for her audition to get into Pebble brook this Feb. She's really excited. She's also going nuts not being in a theatre somewhere. Does anyone know of anything that I'm missing here? We are having a hard time being out of our element and comfort zone, finding a good community theatre. But we love it here!!!!!Good luck to J's mom and my best bud, RLS and all the others who are going. We will live vicarious through you so DETAILS PLEASE, lol

a mom
a mom

August 7th, 2008, 2:49 am #17

You may already know this, but if not, here's a site with community & professional auditions in & around ATL.

http://www.atlantaperforms.biz/Auditions.html

Patti
Patti

August 7th, 2008, 4:29 pm #18

Go to the Theater of the Stars website. They are auditioning for "H.S. Musical 2" this month. Looking for ages 11-15 who can sing and dance well. Unfortunately, my daughter won't be able to audition due to her dance company schedule, but maybe it'll work for you! The website given in the above post is the best audition source for the area. If you're interested in classes, try Atlanta Workshop Players or the Alliance Theater. Good luck!

Patti
Patti

August 7th, 2008, 4:33 pm #19

Love the Hilton Garden Inn in Chelsea. It's new and the Hampton is also close. Or you can stay at the Hampton in Harrison and take the train it.

Next, do you remember who the casting company was for 13? We were just having a discussion about that. We really don't remember!
Mark Simon was the casting agency. Did you have a child audition in Dec? Mine was one of the French Woods kids. They came back to French Woods this year and she tried again and got a call back, but it is just for understudies. If anything came of it, not sure we'd consider it cause we are in Atl.

Dina
Dina

August 8th, 2008, 1:05 am #20

Prices for hotels in NYC have been pretty much sky high all summer. We stayed at the Milford a few weeks ago, the cheapest we could find. Small, but clean and cheaper than most of the others but not really cheap. Was just in NYC yesterday(Tuesday) with my daughter and could not find a hotel in the city for less than $400. We opted to leave the city after her appointments.

What I would recommend is looking into hotels in Secaucas, NJ. We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and La Quinta many times. It is a 10-15 minute ride to the city by car. The train station is not far away and we have got a bus or shuttle to the station from our hotel. It saves alot of money staying in Secaucas. La Quinta also offers complimentary breakfast, whcih is nice.

Once in awhile it is nice to stay right in the city!

Good Luck to everyone who auditions!
I agree. There are many hotels in Secaucus and probably also in nearby Rutherford (near Giants Stadium) and perhaps even in Clifton, across the Lincoln Tunnel.

Dina