Help with audition oufit

nc girl
nc girl

July 1st, 2008, 12:16 am #1

My teen daughter has an audiiton and the character dresses with a realistic approach to life. Any advice as to what this might mean? Sorry, it is so off topic, but you all have such great advice!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 1st, 2008, 6:56 am #2

That description isn't very helpful. Is the character a "regular girl"? If so, in what party of the country does she live, in what time period, and does she come from a rich or poor family? If you can answer some of those questions, that may help in figuring out what to wear.

Julie

nc girl
nc girl

July 1st, 2008, 9:48 am #3

I believe it is in this time period. All I know, is it's about teens and a particular boy, who is a jock and hangs with the "popular" crowd. He is in a car accident that changes his life and decides to be who he really is and not how others want him to be. This girl character is his crush and symbolizes who he wants to be. It states that she is sort of funky (I'm guessing not too funky though) and is apathetic towards those she doesn't like. It mentions another girl in the character descriptions, who is tall and beautiful, which is what he is expected to like, but not what he actually likes. The charater my daughter is going for is short and cute. Not sure if this helps. I am thinking that instead of the cheerleader type, this character would be more of the musician type? It is a local film, BTW.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 1st, 2008, 6:14 pm #4

It sounds to me like she is a girl who plays by her own rules and doesn't follow the crowd. It sounds to me like she may dress in her own style that is not trendy, like the popular girls. I would think more "artsy" or indie chick. Maybe even a bookworm who is more conservative in her dress. How about a fun 60's style flowing blouse (I forget what they are called) and a pair of jeans? Or perhaps something like what the singer Lisa Loeb would wear? Lisa always wears funky glasses and thrift store looking clothes - meaning vintage.

Hope that helps.

Julie

nc girl
nc girl

July 2nd, 2008, 2:32 pm #5

Thank you Julie--actually, that was on the same line of what I was thinking--this is actually who my daughter really is, so would be a great part for her; however, we went and she didn't even end up reading for that role, but read for something that totally wasn't her at all--ha! She ended up reading for a pregnant preppy girl--quite an acting stretch, but that could be good, I suppose.