Help with a christmas gift idea?

Help with a christmas gift idea?

guyny
guyny

December 11th, 2008, 2:43 am #1

Hi folks, I'm thinking of giving my niece the OBC soundtrack as a gift (but running out of time!). Problem is when I checked out the reviews on Amazon I learned that there is a version released sometime within the last few years (I think) that apparently has some mastering problems and an entire track is either missing or playing faintly in the background. I want my niece to have the experience I had when listening to these songs as a kid, so obviously I want a good version.

Does anyone know anything about this version I should avoid and how to get my hands on a real copy of the OBC cast? I could try ebay but I'm worried it might wind up being the same poorly remastered version.

Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone else here bought a copy of the OBC album? I want to avoid the multi-cast anniversary release because I want my niece to have thae experience of listening as the show unfolds, with the same voices for each character throughout.

thanks....

: )

December 11th, 2008, 2:53 am #2

I bought the OBC on iTunes a few months ago, and it was oddly missing the last track (New Deal For Christmas). Julie was nice enough to email me that last track as an mp3, since I had legitimately purchased the album, so it wasn't breaking copyright or anything. And then I had the full album. I haven't heard anything about problems with the hard copy CD, though.

Meghan
Meghan

December 11th, 2008, 2:55 am #3

Hi folks, I'm thinking of giving my niece the OBC soundtrack as a gift (but running out of time!). Problem is when I checked out the reviews on Amazon I learned that there is a version released sometime within the last few years (I think) that apparently has some mastering problems and an entire track is either missing or playing faintly in the background. I want my niece to have the experience I had when listening to these songs as a kid, so obviously I want a good version.

Does anyone know anything about this version I should avoid and how to get my hands on a real copy of the OBC cast? I could try ebay but I'm worried it might wind up being the same poorly remastered version.

Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone else here bought a copy of the OBC album? I want to avoid the multi-cast anniversary release because I want my niece to have thae experience of listening as the show unfolds, with the same voices for each character throughout.

thanks....

Hey, I can't really answer your question, as I don't really know about the problem you are talking about in regards to the OBC recording. I just wanted to let you know that the new 30th Anniversary Recording of Annie DOES still offer "the experience of listening as the show unfolds, with the same voices for each character throughout. " The entirety of the first disc, wich is everything from the entire show, including portions not on the OBC, has the same performers throughout, it is only the 2nd disc Annie 2 Ms. Hannigans Revenge, that features a variety of singers. I just thought you might want to know that.

Suzanne
Suzanne

December 11th, 2008, 4:41 am #4

thanks....

I got my most recent copy of the original cast cd at none other than Walmart. I didn't have any problems with any of the tracks at all. I think you can pretty much still get it anywhere. I know Amazon had some a while back that were not expensive.

I hope this helps.

Suzanne

Claire
Claire

December 12th, 2008, 12:11 am #5

thanks....

Several years ago I purchased the OBC album on itunes, and there were no tracks missing. It also had a bunch of "first draft" tracks, including the very first performance of Tomorrow by Martin Charnin. Very cool. I'm rather embarrassed to say that I listen to Andrea sing Tomorrow every single day...