Hello Everyone - It is cold in Chicago!

Hello Everyone - It is cold in Chicago!

Diane Etzkorn
Diane Etzkorn

December 22nd, 2008, 12:36 am #1

I haven't checked the messages in awhile and Grace and I were reading posts. And I did want to comment on the point that I am certain that others close to this tour read these posts as by being a part of Annie - you become a big Annie Fan. And we so plan on seeing the tour when it comes our way in 2009.

However, we were laughing because this is her last week playing Jackie Bouvier in Grey Gardens. And she doesn't at all look like Jackie, She turned to me and said, it doesn't matter because if you got the role then that is who you are every time on stage. She even had a patron actually came up to her and say, you don't look anything like Jackie, but I certainly loved the way you played that role.

I don't think there was any harm commented on what Annie should or should not look like. We enjoyed the pictures of Tianna as Annie. Thanks for sharing.

However, we did notice they changed the sweater to a mustard yellow. We thought that was cool. Her hair is shorter and we actually liked it. See B'way World Pictures. I wonder if they change it up from year to year. Someone who reviewed the site said that there were quite a few changes with who does what as an orphan.

Noel
Noel

December 22nd, 2008, 5:32 am #2

So good to hear that you and Grace are doing well and how the show is going. That is a good point that the person they cast becomes the person on stage! Ah the magic of the theatre.

I really think Tianna is adorable especially those beautiful green eyes of hers and I think the current pictures of her are really cute. And I also think that it's nice that Madison went on this weekend as the Blogs all say she is bringing something really nice to the character as well, just like we all know Grace did!

What a wonderful opportunity it has been for the girls who portray the characters and for those of us who get to experience their portrayals!

Thanks for the update and try to stay warm. Best wishes to you and Grace and all your family this season!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

December 22nd, 2008, 2:12 pm #3

I haven't checked the messages in awhile and Grace and I were reading posts. And I did want to comment on the point that I am certain that others close to this tour read these posts as by being a part of Annie - you become a big Annie Fan. And we so plan on seeing the tour when it comes our way in 2009.

However, we were laughing because this is her last week playing Jackie Bouvier in Grey Gardens. And she doesn't at all look like Jackie, She turned to me and said, it doesn't matter because if you got the role then that is who you are every time on stage. She even had a patron actually came up to her and say, you don't look anything like Jackie, but I certainly loved the way you played that role.

I don't think there was any harm commented on what Annie should or should not look like. We enjoyed the pictures of Tianna as Annie. Thanks for sharing.

However, we did notice they changed the sweater to a mustard yellow. We thought that was cool. Her hair is shorter and we actually liked it. See B'way World Pictures. I wonder if they change it up from year to year. Someone who reviewed the site said that there were quite a few changes with who does what as an orphan.

Hi Diane,
Thanks for the update on Grace. I hope it was a great run for the whole cast.

Nice weather, huh?

Take care ... Julie