HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Karen Schleifer
Karen Schleifer

June 30th, 2008, 1:52 pm #1

Today is the 30 year anniversary since Randall, Kim, Jenn, Janine & I stepped onto the Broadway stage at the Alvin Theater for the very first time in this crazy production we all know and love called ANNIE!

Happy Anniversary girls.... if anyone knows where we can find Jenn & Kim - let us know!

Randall sent the most beautifully made cookies (I'll take a picture and send tomorrow) with the Annie picture custom made on them... and I already ate TWO!

Thanks all of you for loving the show as much as I know I did....

Much love,
Karen

Karen Schleifer
Karen Schleifer

June 30th, 2008, 1:55 pm #2

My best friend's name is Janine - and I automatically spell like that!
lol
Double Happy Anniversary to you!

K

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

June 30th, 2008, 6:22 pm #3

Today is the 30 year anniversary since Randall, Kim, Jenn, Janine & I stepped onto the Broadway stage at the Alvin Theater for the very first time in this crazy production we all know and love called ANNIE!

Happy Anniversary girls.... if anyone knows where we can find Jenn & Kim - let us know!

Randall sent the most beautifully made cookies (I'll take a picture and send tomorrow) with the Annie picture custom made on them... and I already ate TWO!

Much love,
Karen
Karen:

I'm in touch with Jenn and have a phone number for Kim, if you want it. Happy Annie-versary to all of you.

Julie

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

June 30th, 2008, 10:03 pm #4

Much love,
Karen
Thanks for all the memories (for those you've shared with us fans now and for those you made for us back then).

You've earned those cookies - fear not the calories!

Take care ...

old fan
old fan

June 30th, 2008, 11:06 pm #5

Much love,
Karen
Wow, 30 years...were you four the very first replacements (after Kathy-Jo) in the OBC ? All of you started the same day ? Who came next ? So, you ladies replaced Robyn, Danielle, Donna and Shelley ?
Or Diana ? The only one of you I had the pleasure of seeing perform was Jennine as Duffy, I think !
It was nice that you posted.

old fan
old fan

June 30th, 2008, 11:10 pm #6

When did Sarah Jessica Parker come in ? This is very confusing !!!!

Kelly
Kelly

July 1st, 2008, 4:32 am #7

Sarah was already in the show I believe and Kim was the swing. When these girls
came on in June 1978 the last of the orig girls all left the show but Shelley who was playing Annie. Sarah took Kathy jo Kelly's place as July I think.

Kelly
Kelly

July 1st, 2008, 4:43 am #8

Just by looking at the pictures you can sort of tell who was cast. Under Kim Fedina's picture's there is one with Shelley as annie,all the first girls and Kim playing Kate. She replaced Shelley as Kate when she moved up to annie. Sarah was the swing then. Then in June they big vast change was made. kim moved up to Tessie then.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 1st, 2008, 7:33 am #9

Sarah Jessica Parker was never the Swing orphan. She came in as July and understudy to Annie and replaced Shelley Bruce as Annie.

Kathy Jo came in as July to replace Janine Ruane. Kim Fedena came in as the Swing (I'm guessing she was the first Swing after the show opened) and then replaced Shelley Bruce as Kate when Shelley became Annie. That's also when Kathy Jo left to play Annie in the 1st National Tour and Sarah Jessica Parker came in to replace her as July.

While Shelley was Annie, Jennine Babo came in to replace Danielle Brisebois as Molly, Kim Fedena moved into the role of Tessie when Diana Barrows left, Jenn Thompson took over as Pepper when Robyn Finn left, Sarah Jessica was still playing July, Randall Brooks took over for Donna Graham as Duffy, Karen Schleifer became Kate, Joy Merri took over for Kim Fedena as the Swing.

This is where it gets a bit fuzzy for me - Karen, can you help??

At some point while Shelley was Annie, Penny Chaney replaced Joy Merri as the Swing orphan. When Sarah became Annie, Jodi Ford replaced her as July, Jenn Thompson left and Penny Chaney replaced her as Pepper. Laura Kerr came in as the new Swing. When Kim Fedena left, Tiffany Blake replaced her as Tessie and Stacey Brass came in to replace Randall as Duffy. I'm not sure when this photo from the UCP telethon was taken, but it kind of confuses me since Jenn Thompson is still there.

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... ffany8.htm

but Penny's playing Pepper in this photo:

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... penny4.htm

I believe the big cast change came right at this time. The new group of orphans were:

Allison Smith as Annie
Jennine Babo still as Molly
Tiffany Blake as Tessie
Stacey Brass as Duffy
Caroline Daly as Pepper
Tara Kennedy as Kate
Martha Byrne as July

If you watch clips from the Prime Time Saturday special that is on the video page on this website and also featured in "Life After Tomorrow," you may recognize Allison Smith, Tiffany Blake and Martha Byrne all at that audition and all in the running to replace Sarah as the next Broadway Annie.

Julie

old fan
old fan

July 1st, 2008, 12:50 pm #10

I think the last group you listed is the one I first saw on Broadway. Very confusing; thanks for the detailed reply !