old fan
old fan

July 1st, 2008, 12:53 pm #11

...but I'm wrong; the Dundish twins were Molly and ? and Jennine was Duffy by the time "I got to Broadway," lol.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 1st, 2008, 6:16 pm #12

The Dundish twins were Molly and Duffy and Jennine was probably playing Tessie at that point.

Julie

Karen Schleifer
Karen Schleifer

July 1st, 2008, 7:25 pm #13

Sarah Jessica Parker was never the Swing orphan. She came in as July and understudy to Annie and replaced Shelley Bruce as Annie.

Kathy Jo came in as July to replace Janine Ruane. Kim Fedena came in as the Swing (I'm guessing she was the first Swing after the show opened) and then replaced Shelley Bruce as Kate when Shelley became Annie. That's also when Kathy Jo left to play Annie in the 1st National Tour and Sarah Jessica Parker came in to replace her as July.

While Shelley was Annie, Jennine Babo came in to replace Danielle Brisebois as Molly, Kim Fedena moved into the role of Tessie when Diana Barrows left, Jenn Thompson took over as Pepper when Robyn Finn left, Sarah Jessica was still playing July, Randall Brooks took over for Donna Graham as Duffy, Karen Schleifer became Kate, Joy Merri took over for Kim Fedena as the Swing.

This is where it gets a bit fuzzy for me - Karen, can you help??

At some point while Shelley was Annie, Penny Chaney replaced Joy Merri as the Swing orphan. When Sarah became Annie, Jodi Ford replaced her as July, Jenn Thompson left and Penny Chaney replaced her as Pepper. Laura Kerr came in as the new Swing. When Kim Fedena left, Tiffany Blake replaced her as Tessie and Stacey Brass came in to replace Randall as Duffy. I'm not sure when this photo from the UCP telethon was taken, but it kind of confuses me since Jenn Thompson is still there.

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... ffany8.htm

but Penny's playing Pepper in this photo:

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... penny4.htm

I believe the big cast change came right at this time. The new group of orphans were:

Allison Smith as Annie
Jennine Babo still as Molly
Tiffany Blake as Tessie
Stacey Brass as Duffy
Caroline Daly as Pepper
Tara Kennedy as Kate
Martha Byrne as July

If you watch clips from the Prime Time Saturday special that is on the video page on this website and also featured in "Life After Tomorrow," you may recognize Allison Smith, Tiffany Blake and Martha Byrne all at that audition and all in the running to replace Sarah as the next Broadway Annie.

Julie
You are so versed on all this... I pale in comparison with my memories!

I thought I replaced Shelly as Kate when she became Annie - I didn't know Kim was there after she was swing. I know Kim left the show a few months shy of me (and I believe Jenn & Randall left with me?)... but not totally sure.

I was Kate for all of Sarah's performances as Annie - and understudied Molly that whole time too (since June of 78).... Janine, Randall, Jenn & I all started the same night, I guess Kim came in earlier - but that may have been her first performance as a main orphan (Tessie) when we started as well ...

I don't remember Joy Merri at all. I thought perhaps Penny came in with us as swing - but not sure.

Amazing... all amazing memories swirling around in my head now!

These are the cookies that Randall sent to us.... such an awesome job that the company did www.wonderlandbakery.com 888-WB-COOKIE - if you want the info

Karen Schleifer
Karen Schleifer

July 1st, 2008, 7:27 pm #14

Wow, 30 years...were you four the very first replacements (after Kathy-Jo) in the OBC ? All of you started the same day ? Who came next ? So, you ladies replaced Robyn, Danielle, Donna and Shelley ?
Or Diana ? The only one of you I had the pleasure of seeing perform was Jennine as Duffy, I think !
It was nice that you posted.
I'm sure you got the info from Julie's response... it was more detailed than I could have ever remembered honestly...

It's my pleasure to post - I wish I had more time to do so.... Julie has given us a great great gift of keeping these memories alive and accurate... thank you Julie...

Yayayayaayay
K

old fan
old fan

July 1st, 2008, 8:03 pm #15

Wow, 30 years...were you four the very first replacements (after Kathy-Jo) in the OBC ? All of you started the same day ? Who came next ? So, you ladies replaced Robyn, Danielle, Donna and Shelley ?
Or Diana ? The only one of you I had the pleasure of seeing perform was Jennine as Duffy, I think !
It was nice that you posted.
...she always tries to answer all our strange questions, and it must take up a lot of her time. Thanks to you too for replying, Karen. It is hard to keep all the Annie info straight, especially as you girls (and me !) were just kids at the time. There is so much info on this site for "old fans."

The cookies look delicious ! Glad you are all staying in touch after 30 years.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 2nd, 2008, 12:18 am #16

You are so versed on all this... I pale in comparison with my memories!

I thought I replaced Shelly as Kate when she became Annie - I didn't know Kim was there after she was swing. I know Kim left the show a few months shy of me (and I believe Jenn & Randall left with me?)... but not totally sure.

I was Kate for all of Sarah's performances as Annie - and understudied Molly that whole time too (since June of 78).... Janine, Randall, Jenn & I all started the same night, I guess Kim came in earlier - but that may have been her first performance as a main orphan (Tessie) when we started as well ...

I don't remember Joy Merri at all. I thought perhaps Penny came in with us as swing - but not sure.

Amazing... all amazing memories swirling around in my head now!

These are the cookies that Randall sent to us.... such an awesome job that the company did www.wonderlandbakery.com 888-WB-COOKIE - if you want the info

I'm pretty certain that Kim played Kate after Shelley became Annie because I have a playbill with her in it. You can see her as Kate in this photo:

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... s/kim5.htm

I'm guessing Kim became Tessie when Karen (Kate), Randall (Duffy), Jennine (Molly) and Jenn (Pepper) joined the cast.

Julie

Debbie
Debbie

July 2nd, 2008, 12:21 am #17

Sarah Jessica Parker was never the Swing orphan. She came in as July and understudy to Annie and replaced Shelley Bruce as Annie.

Kathy Jo came in as July to replace Janine Ruane. Kim Fedena came in as the Swing (I'm guessing she was the first Swing after the show opened) and then replaced Shelley Bruce as Kate when Shelley became Annie. That's also when Kathy Jo left to play Annie in the 1st National Tour and Sarah Jessica Parker came in to replace her as July.

While Shelley was Annie, Jennine Babo came in to replace Danielle Brisebois as Molly, Kim Fedena moved into the role of Tessie when Diana Barrows left, Jenn Thompson took over as Pepper when Robyn Finn left, Sarah Jessica was still playing July, Randall Brooks took over for Donna Graham as Duffy, Karen Schleifer became Kate, Joy Merri took over for Kim Fedena as the Swing.

This is where it gets a bit fuzzy for me - Karen, can you help??

At some point while Shelley was Annie, Penny Chaney replaced Joy Merri as the Swing orphan. When Sarah became Annie, Jodi Ford replaced her as July, Jenn Thompson left and Penny Chaney replaced her as Pepper. Laura Kerr came in as the new Swing. When Kim Fedena left, Tiffany Blake replaced her as Tessie and Stacey Brass came in to replace Randall as Duffy. I'm not sure when this photo from the UCP telethon was taken, but it kind of confuses me since Jenn Thompson is still there.

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... ffany8.htm

but Penny's playing Pepper in this photo:

http://www.annieorphans.com/CastLists/B ... penny4.htm

I believe the big cast change came right at this time. The new group of orphans were:

Allison Smith as Annie
Jennine Babo still as Molly
Tiffany Blake as Tessie
Stacey Brass as Duffy
Caroline Daly as Pepper
Tara Kennedy as Kate
Martha Byrne as July

If you watch clips from the Prime Time Saturday special that is on the video page on this website and also featured in "Life After Tomorrow," you may recognize Allison Smith, Tiffany Blake and Martha Byrne all at that audition and all in the running to replace Sarah as the next Broadway Annie.

Julie
It looks like Tiffany was in Annie with Sarah. Did Martha get chosen from her auditioning for Annie?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 2nd, 2008, 12:43 am #18

So perhaps Tiffany was already in the show when she auditioned for the lead role. She did end up becoming Allison Smith's understudy. Yes, Martha was cast from the same audition as Allison Smith.

Julie