Gypsy/Annie connection?

RLS
RLS

March 14th, 2008, 4:31 am #1

Ok, so my daughter is in a local production of Gypsy which got me thinking tonight about Herbie... I wonder... What happened to him after he left Rose??? Anyhow, in my seach, I still havn't found the answer but I found a limited bio on June which said that she was involved with Annie in 1977... Does anyone know how so? Was she in the cast? I just wondered. Thanks!

Ned
Ned

March 14th, 2008, 4:48 am #2

Yes, she played Miss Hannigan in the original Broadway production and was in the cast with Julie Stevens when it closed in 1983.

Meghan
Meghan

March 14th, 2008, 5:15 am #3

Ok, so my daughter is in a local production of Gypsy which got me thinking tonight about Herbie... I wonder... What happened to him after he left Rose??? Anyhow, in my seach, I still havn't found the answer but I found a limited bio on June which said that she was involved with Annie in 1977... Does anyone know how so? Was she in the cast? I just wondered. Thanks!
(thats what she is going by now, right?)
anyways who is Gabby/Ellie playing in gypsy?

RLS
RLS

March 14th, 2008, 4:42 pm #4

Yes, she played Miss Hannigan in the original Broadway production and was in the cast with Julie Stevens when it closed in 1983.
Oh, I wish I could have seen that! I know Ellie would LOVE that! Julie, do you have any clips anywhere that we can see?

old fan
old fan

March 15th, 2008, 2:23 pm #5

...there is a part where June on closing night, is comforting Jennine Babo who is crying, that they will see one another all the time..it's so bittersweet. You can tell how much each cares for the other after so much time performing together.

RLS
RLS

March 16th, 2008, 3:25 pm #6

(thats what she is going by now, right?)
anyways who is Gabby/Ellie playing in gypsy?
Sorry it took me a few days I think to reply to you. She was the balloon girl and undrstudied Baby June... She had a lot of fun.