Grace Farrell love song

maryanne
maryanne

May 3rd, 2008, 2:40 am #1

I remember reading somewhere that Martin had written a song for Grace (Sandy Faison) for the original show at Goodspeed Opera House. It was about her unrequited love for Daddy Warbucks. Martin thought it should be cut because it slowed down the show. Is there a copy of this song anywhere? I'm sure it was very beautiful knowing Charles Strouse.

Meghan
Meghan

May 3rd, 2008, 4:42 am #2

I don't know if this is the song you are thinking of, but Grace sings a song of that sort of theme in Annie Warbucks, called It Would Have Been Wonderful. I didnt love the song, but it is ok i guess. I proably have a recording somewhere...

Noel
Noel

May 3rd, 2008, 5:46 am #3

I actually love that song and think it's fits quite well into Annie Warbucks. I have the soundtrack and the sheetmusic as well.

Noel
Noel

May 3rd, 2008, 7:32 am #4

Tony
Tony

May 4th, 2008, 5:57 am #5

I remember reading somewhere that Martin had written a song for Grace (Sandy Faison) for the original show at Goodspeed Opera House. It was about her unrequited love for Daddy Warbucks. Martin thought it should be cut because it slowed down the show. Is there a copy of this song anywhere? I'm sure it was very beautiful knowing Charles Strouse.
Before "It Would Have Been Wonderful" there was the song "He Doesn't Know I'm Alive" which is much more uptempo and a bit of an angry song that she sings. This was in the original production of Annie 2 in 1989-90 and I think it's going to be on the new double cd as well.

maryanne
maryanne

May 6th, 2008, 2:15 pm #6

Thank you!