Foreign Annie soundtracks?

Claire
Claire

December 30th, 2008, 3:32 am #1

Hey, I was wondering if anybody on here knew anything about the soundtracks to foreign Annie productions? ITunes has the American, London, and Dutch versions, but I haven't managed to find other ones, such as the Swedish, Spanish, or Norwegian versions. I'm really surprised that the Spanish version is not on ITunes, considering how many people speak Spanish. I'm rather obsessed with finding Annie soundtracks in different languages, so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 30th, 2008, 6:40 am #2

Claire:

I have a ton of foreign "Annie" soundtracks and am in the process of uploading them to the new annieorphans.com website, which will be launching soon.

Julie

Claire
Claire

December 30th, 2008, 6:55 am #3

Sounds great! How soon do you think the new site will be up?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 30th, 2008, 6:56 am #4

I may launch it before I finish it, so I don't have to pay to maintain both sites. I'd say in another week or two. Stay tuned...

Julie

Claire
Claire

December 30th, 2008, 7:00 am #5

I'm excited!

Adam
Adam

December 30th, 2008, 7:09 am #6

I may launch it before I finish it, so I don't have to pay to maintain both sites. I'd say in another week or two. Stay tuned...

Julie
Ohhh! Cool, I can't wait and see if you post some of the forign cast recordings. You should post photo's from other productions like the london And others. Can't wait

Meghan
Meghan

December 30th, 2008, 7:48 am #7

Claire:

I have a ton of foreign "Annie" soundtracks and am in the process of uploading them to the new annieorphans.com website, which will be launching soon.

Julie
Hi Julie

Will the new Annieorphans.com website change affect the forum? will the forum be different or in a different format or will it stay the same? If it is going to change, will older posts still be archived somewhere?

Thanks.
Can't wait for the new site!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 30th, 2008, 7:52 am #8

The forum will be completely different. Everything will be on one site and much easier to update. I have tried archiving this forum from time to time but, honestly, I'm not sure what to do with the files. If I can figure out how to post them on the new site, I will do my best, but there are so many pages - this site has been running for about 9 years. I am planning on starting fresh with the new site.

Julie

french_girl
french_girl

December 30th, 2008, 12:05 pm #9

Hey, I was wondering if anybody on here knew anything about the soundtracks to foreign Annie productions? ITunes has the American, London, and Dutch versions, but I haven't managed to find other ones, such as the Swedish, Spanish, or Norwegian versions. I'm really surprised that the Spanish version is not on ITunes, considering how many people speak Spanish. I'm rather obsessed with finding Annie soundtracks in different languages, so I was hoping someone could help me out.
hi!

i downloaded the israeli and some songs of the norvegian version a few months ago.

the norvegian one sounds great, Annie has a great voice, and from time to time it almost sounds like kurt weil IMO lol. (for some songs at least)

the israeli version is funny. It sounds very modern, a tiny bit disco, and sounds as if the music was made with computer and not a real orchestra.
Tomorrow is very soft, Annie doesn't have a very strong voice. Hard-knock life is fun though, it's the most disco song, some parts are spoken, and miss hanigan appears in it too (instead of Molly immitating her). She yells at them and sings a bit too. I really like it.
Smile is missing. I Don't Need Anything But You is almost a solo for Warbucks, Annie barely has 1 or two sentences to sing. NYC is missing too.
There is a medley track that is pretty fun, starts with hkl and ends with maybe and tomorrow.
This israeli version sounds cool, but is the most different version i have ever heard, the musical style is completely different, you don't "feel" the 1930's. But i still like it

you already know that vid, don't you ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Z08lF_cks

I'm obsessed too with hearing Annie in other languages. I'd love to hear it in arabics, i know it has been made in Jordany (or do you say Jordan ?)

Claire
Claire

December 30th, 2008, 5:40 pm #10

Hey french_girl, where did you download the Israeli and Norwegian versions?