For Annie 35th ;-)

For Annie 35th ;-)

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 30th, 2008, 1:11 pm #1

I wish they'd stop doing Annie tours for awhile so that they could come back with a phenomenal revival, because...I was thinking that Tyne Daly or Patti Lupone would be good for Hannigan. Personally, I'd pick Tyne over Patti, who might over-act the role ala Sally Struthers.

Tyne has those amazing facial expressions that project to the top balcony. She has great comedic timing and can certainly play a dramatic role. And she can sing
(despite what you hear on the Gypsy album).

Maybe they should have hired one of them for Annie20th.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

March 30th, 2008, 10:58 pm #2

Would LOVE to see Tyne both on Broadway and in the role of Hannigan!

Ned
Ned

March 31st, 2008, 2:42 pm #3

I love Tyne in anything she does. I saw her in "Gypsy" and have enjoyed her in "Cagney and Lacey," "Christy," and "Judging Amy." She could do anything, and I'd love her. I think she'd make a fabulous Hannigan.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 31st, 2008, 3:13 pm #4

I agree (I also saw her in Gypsy on my 19th birthday). I think she'd be great because she "acts" the roles not the show. Does that make sense? What I'm getting at is she doesn't seem to go for audience reaction just to satisfy her own ego.

I'm not saying Patty does that. I'm just saying that I really think Tyne would be great in the part.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 31st, 2008, 10:31 pm #5

I know what you mean, Julie. That is why she is so fascinating to watch. I was just watching the Cagney & Lacey dvd this afternoon. One, I can't believe how young they looked. That means I'm OLD (because I was a teenager when that show was on). AHHHH!

I also saw her in Gypsy and man, could she project. And on Judging Amy - all those close ups. I was in heaven watching her. I liked that show but really watched because of her.

Well, I'm going to have to make some calls and get her in the role

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

March 31st, 2008, 11:39 pm #6

Tyne can express more with the raise of an eyebrow than anyone I've ever seen. Would go running to NY if she were on Broadway.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 1st, 2008, 4:53 pm #7

YES! That eyebrow!!! Genius. LOL

Way back when, Joan Rivers had a short-lived daytime talk show. Tyne was on it. Tyne was married, at the time, to an African American man. Keep in mind, this was the early 80s, maybe, so we weren't as PC as we are now.

So, Joan and Tyne are chit-chatting and Joan asks (something like), "Do people still comment on your mixed-marriage, and is it a problem?"

Tyne, being the class-act that she is, replies, "It must be if you're asking me".

<in a sing-songy voice> Bah-rill-ent!

Joan was a bit perplexed and sensing that Tyne continued with something like, "Look, if you still have to ask whether being married to a black man is an issue in this country, then it must be an issue in this country. One day people will look at him as my husband. Not my black husband."

Gawd, don't you love her?

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

April 1st, 2008, 11:30 pm #8

Once saw her in an interview (Cagney and Lacey years I think) where someone asked what race she put on her children's birth certificates - Caucasian or African American.

She said she wrote in "human" race.

Total class act way before her time. She doesn't need PC as a label - she's just been PC all along.

Love her.

old fan
old fan

April 2nd, 2008, 12:23 am #9

I hate when forms ask what race you are...why should it ever be necessary? I like Tyne's response of "human" race...think I'll put that from now on LOL

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

April 2nd, 2008, 12:53 am #10

That should be on forms. We could all check that one! Then maybe someone would figure out it doesn't need to be asked LOL.

Tyne rocks.