Footage of Christiana Anbri (20th Anniversary Production)

Footage of Christiana Anbri (20th Anniversary Production)

December 9th, 2008, 10:27 pm #1

When she was in The Sound of Music (start at 7:15):

<object width="425" height="350" data=""><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><!--[if IE]><embed src="" width="425" height="350" /><![endif]--></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMe5y5o ... re=related

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 9th, 2008, 11:23 pm #2

What a great video. It was fun to see both Christiana and Andrea Bowen ("Desperate Housewives") so young. The man in the very beginning is Dennis Parlato, who played Rooster in the 3rd National Tour with me. Not sure what role he played in "Sound of Music."

Julie

December 9th, 2008, 11:50 pm #3

Thanks for posting!

I'm pretty sure Dennis Parlato was playing Captain von Trapp at that point, to be replaced by Richard Chamberlain (when Laura Benanti took over for Rebecca Luker). This was well into the Broadway run, because several of the original kids had already been replaced. (Ashley Rose Orr was the original Gretl, before Christiana came in.)

Part 3 has an interview with 19-yr-old Laura Benanti, as the Maria understudy, talking in more detail about taking over the role of Maria. I can't believe she was so young! What an amazing opportunity that was for her!

Also, I recognized a lot of the costumes, which we used on our tour. Good memories!

And, to avoid confusion, here are some costume photos from our tour ... mabye you will recognize some of these from the youtube video!

Last edited by -Grief- on December 10th, 2008, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

sks
sks

December 10th, 2008, 12:29 am #4

Which one is Christiana?

December 10th, 2008, 12:43 am #5

Sorry for the confusion! I just added my photos because if you look at the costumes on the youtube video, you will recognize some of them from the tour pics.

Rachel
Rachel

December 10th, 2008, 1:18 am #6

What a great video. It was fun to see both Christiana and Andrea Bowen ("Desperate Housewives") so young. The man in the very beginning is Dennis Parlato, who played Rooster in the 3rd National Tour with me. Not sure what role he played in "Sound of Music."

Julie
Leisl in that cast was played by Sara Zelle who, IIRC, has some sort of "Annie" connection...I believe she was Annie a production in the '90s. Besides Andrea Bowen, another one of those kids has had a pretty good career in Hollywood thus far - Lou Taylor Pucci was in the HBO miniseries "Empire Falls" opposite Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ed Harris and Helen Hunt and also starred as the lead in "Thumbsucker."

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 10th, 2008, 3:25 am #7

Thanks for posting!

I'm pretty sure Dennis Parlato was playing Captain von Trapp at that point, to be replaced by Richard Chamberlain (when Laura Benanti took over for Rebecca Luker). This was well into the Broadway run, because several of the original kids had already been replaced. (Ashley Rose Orr was the original Gretl, before Christiana came in.)

Part 3 has an interview with 19-yr-old Laura Benanti, as the Maria understudy, talking in more detail about taking over the role of Maria. I can't believe she was so young! What an amazing opportunity that was for her!

Also, I recognized a lot of the costumes, which we used on our tour. Good memories!

And, to avoid confusion, here are some costume photos from our tour ... mabye you will recognize some of these from the youtube video!

Was Abigail Droeger on your tour?

Julie

December 10th, 2008, 3:37 am #8

But I know of her, and she did do an international SOM tour.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

December 10th, 2008, 4:19 am #9

Leisl in that cast was played by Sara Zelle who, IIRC, has some sort of "Annie" connection...I believe she was Annie a production in the '90s. Besides Andrea Bowen, another one of those kids has had a pretty good career in Hollywood thus far - Lou Taylor Pucci was in the HBO miniseries "Empire Falls" opposite Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ed Harris and Helen Hunt and also starred as the lead in "Thumbsucker."
nmi

Meghan
Meghan

December 10th, 2008, 5:29 am #10

Was Abigail Droeger on your tour?

Julie
Abigail Droeger was on the SOMA tour just before the most recent one that greif was on. and she was also just cast as Jane in the upcoming Mary Poppins tour.