favorite Annie?

favorite Annie?

Claire
Claire

December 21st, 2008, 2:00 am #1

This topic has probably come up a million times, so I apologize if it seems like deja vu to anybody, but who is your favorite Annie? Mine's Andrea McArdle because she was by far the best singer (in my opinion, she was one of the greatest child singers of all time). Although there were some good singers to follow her, she definitely set the bar and has not been topped. I think it also has to do with the fact that she was the original Annie. There's always something special about the very first person to do something (I consider Andrea to be the first Annie, not Kristen). And she was also really cute

What about you guys?

NCgal
NCgal

December 21st, 2008, 6:10 pm #2

I agree, Andrea was the first Annie I saw and she had a very natural acting quality as well as that voice. She really "owned" the role, I never thought she was acting (although I WAS 9!). Other Annies I saw after Andrea were loud and robotic in their acting and did not sing as well. Andrea will always be "Annie" to me!

Laura
Laura

December 21st, 2008, 7:50 pm #3

Amen

old fan
old fan

December 21st, 2008, 9:07 pm #4

This topic has probably come up a million times, so I apologize if it seems like deja vu to anybody, but who is your favorite Annie? Mine's Andrea McArdle because she was by far the best singer (in my opinion, she was one of the greatest child singers of all time). Although there were some good singers to follow her, she definitely set the bar and has not been topped. I think it also has to do with the fact that she was the original Annie. There's always something special about the very first person to do something (I consider Andrea to be the first Annie, not Kristen). And she was also really cute

What about you guys?
Allison, Louanne, Joanna Pacitti, and I think Lindsay Ryan did a fabulous job, as well.

french_girl
french_girl

December 21st, 2008, 10:30 pm #5

What about you guys?
i couldn't really say because i didn't see any of them, but i would pick Marissa (O'donell sorry for sp). I thought she looked fantastic as an Annie and her voice was great, and she was Annie when i became obsessed with the show.

KellyTx
KellyTx

December 21st, 2008, 11:44 pm #6

What about you guys?
I've always thought of Joanna Pacitti as "my" Annie. I saw the show when it opened in Houston on tour and followed her on the subsequent reairing of the Turning Point special. I cried when I found out she wouldn't be Annie anymore. She was fantastic!
I also have to say that Marissa was great, as well as Lindsey Ryan- that girl sings the prettiest Maybe I have ever heard.

Suzanne
Suzanne

December 22nd, 2008, 1:27 am #7

I can't possibly pick just one of them as my favorite. But, aside from Andrea(who I wanted to be lol) - there was something really magical for me with Shelley Bruce and Marisa Morell. As I kid, I remember adoring Shelley, Marisa and Andrea.

- I haven't seen the new tours - the last one I saw was with Brittny who was adorable, and I love Joanna's voice, I would have loved to see her in the role. I can't wait to see the new tour in January. :0) I do enjoy all the videos from past years (both recent and long past.)

Suz

Max=)
Max=)

December 22nd, 2008, 2:50 pm #8

What about you guys?
Brittny Kissinger, Rosanne Sorrentino and of course Andrea McArdle. Just my humble opinion though.

Sincerely
Max=)

Jennifer
Jennifer

December 22nd, 2008, 4:14 pm #9

What about you guys?
That would have to be Lauren Gaffney. My mom bought me a copy of A Very Young Actress when I was 10, and after reading that I wanted to play Annie for a community theater. I have curly red hair naturally, but when it's long it kind of straighens out a little. So when I played Annie, I sort of had that "Lauren look" which I was happy about; you know the sausage-curl, Shirley Temple ringlet thing that Lauren always had. But now I'm an adult and I work as an EMT, so I keep my hair boy-short and layered. So now I look like I'm wearing Aileen Quinn's wig all the time. Aileen Quinn is my second favorite Annie, so I don't mind it, but I'm thinking about giving myself blond highlights for Christmas. But I've never had blond highlights before.

Tim
Tim

December 24th, 2008, 1:37 am #10

I can't possibly pick just one of them as my favorite. But, aside from Andrea(who I wanted to be lol) - there was something really magical for me with Shelley Bruce and Marisa Morell. As I kid, I remember adoring Shelley, Marisa and Andrea.

- I haven't seen the new tours - the last one I saw was with Brittny who was adorable, and I love Joanna's voice, I would have loved to see her in the role. I can't wait to see the new tour in January. :0) I do enjoy all the videos from past years (both recent and long past.)

Suz
the reason I visit the site today is totally due to Andrea's voice and performance - have loved it since and have seen a few others in the role...Brittny was unique for me and a special talent, vulnerable and sweet...I do think it will be a great story one day to get Brittny's memory of the 20th debaucle...She could possibly answer to a lot of unanswered questions and speculation