Fame and Stagedoor Manor

Fame and Stagedoor Manor

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 2nd, 2008, 2:50 pm #1

Check out "Entertainment Tonight" this evening for a story on the casting of the movie remake, "Fame." The casting directors went to Stagedoor Manor theatre camp looking for talent and "Entertainment Tonight" followed the process.

Julie

ILuvAnnie2
ILuvAnnie2

July 2nd, 2008, 5:32 pm #2

Thanks for the Entertainment Tonight info. Sounds really interesting.
I am still against a Fame remake, but what a great opportunity for those kids.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 3rd, 2008, 12:18 am #3

I missed it. Of course, I just read the post and ET has long since ended.
Hmmm...wonder if it will repeat?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 3rd, 2008, 12:43 am #4

I'll upload it to You Tube later tonight or tomorrow.

Julie

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 3rd, 2008, 4:04 am #5

I missed it. Of course, I just read the post and ET has long since ended.
Hmmm...wonder if it will repeat?
Bummer, my Tivo did not record the show. Oops. You can watch a video online at http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/07/63085/index.html

Julie

Sally
Sally

July 3rd, 2008, 5:23 am #6

I think a while ago people posted about a documentary about Stagedoor Manor. Did that ever come out? If so, did anyone see it?

Rachel
Rachel

July 3rd, 2008, 1:52 pm #7

Yes, it came out and it is available on Netflix if you have that service. It was OK. There were parts I liked and parts I didn't like.

Rachel

Frustrated (at times)
Frustrated (at times)

July 3rd, 2008, 3:49 pm #8

Many kids, such as mine, are at a disadvantage. A majority of parents cannot afford to send their children to quality camps such as Stagedoor, Interlochen, French Woods, etc...
Fame should have open calls if they want to get the full casting experience by opening the process up to all income levels.
There are many talented kids who cannot afford the exposure that Stagedoor gives, who have realistic life experience they can bring to a role. They deserve a shot too.

RLS
RLS

July 3rd, 2008, 4:22 pm #9

Bummer, my Tivo did not record the show. Oops. You can watch a video online at http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/07/63085/index.html

Julie
Hey! That girl Olivia lives right here in our hometown! :O)

RLS
RLS

July 3rd, 2008, 4:23 pm #10

I should have added, we don't know her but we "know her" like you know everyone in theater.... This is a very small acting community for children in theater here and everyone knows who everyone else is eventually, lol....