Equity Audition ?

Equity Audition ?

Lisa
Lisa

March 27th, 2008, 12:20 am #1

I was wondering if someone is not Equity can they audition for a Equity call? what are the chances of being seen? My Daughter had a friend that auditioned for one and wasn't equity and had a call back . Just want to be sure Thx

Meghan
Meghan

March 27th, 2008, 5:03 am #2

YEs, you can attend an equity audition if you are not a memeber of equity, however there are not any garanuntees that you will be seen. But in my own ezpiriences and from what i hvae heard they are often able to see non-equity so i think it is definately worth it!

Meghan
Meghan

March 27th, 2008, 5:06 am #3

WOW! ok, its a bit late but i can hardly say that that is an excuse for those ridiculous spelling errors. I am very sorry. I really should proofread. ooopps SORRY!

memeber=MEMBER
garaununtees=GUARANTEES
ezpiriences= EXPIRIENCE
hvae=HAVE

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 27th, 2008, 5:51 am #4

I was wondering if someone is not Equity can they audition for a Equity call? what are the chances of being seen? My Daughter had a friend that auditioned for one and wasn't equity and had a call back . Just want to be sure Thx
You can show up for an Equity audition and sometimes they will allow non-Equity performers to be seen after all of the Equity performers have been seen. Sometimes, if there is a chunk of time where Equity performers do not show up for their designated audition time, they will throw a non-Equity performer into the room. If it is a job that you really want to be seen for, it is worth spending the day and waiting. You just never know.

Julie

Lisa
Lisa

March 27th, 2008, 12:17 pm #5

Thx so Much now I have to decide if I want to drive from Fl to NYC we just came back from UT for the HSM 3 Audition they needed 18 principle dancers there were about 1000.00 kids. she did great but has learned that she needs to work on some turns Counter clockwise it was tough and fast coreography. but she had a blast . thx Again

Anonymous...
Anonymous...

March 28th, 2008, 9:25 pm #6

WOW! ok, its a bit late but i can hardly say that that is an excuse for those ridiculous spelling errors. I am very sorry. I really should proofread. ooopps SORRY!

memeber=MEMBER
garaununtees=GUARANTEES
ezpiriences= EXPIRIENCE
hvae=HAVE

It's EXPERIENCE....

Zaneeta
Zaneeta

March 29th, 2008, 5:40 pm #7

lol. We understood what she was trying to say, and we know she can spell very well. Slip of the finger on the keyboard is all.