Emma Rowley, Tomorrow...

Emma Rowley, Tomorrow...

RLS
RLS

August 9th, 2008, 6:08 am #1

I remember there was discussion not too long ago about Camp Broadway singing Tomorrow at Carnegie Hall... Here is link to Emma singing Tomorrow with Camp Broadway. Sorry if this has been posted already BTW. She did a great job!

http://www.campbroadway.com/performance ... iehall.htm

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

August 9th, 2008, 11:30 am #2

Please tell me who does the announcement at the start. I know her voice, but can't put a face to it.

km
km

August 9th, 2008, 2:13 pm #3

That is Kathleen Turner. Thanks so much for posting this link, RLS. We didn't know that it was available

sks
sks

August 9th, 2008, 3:04 pm #4

Does anyone know if Emma ever auditioned for the national tour of ANNIE?

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

August 9th, 2008, 3:05 pm #5

That is Kathleen Turner. Thanks so much for posting this link, RLS. We didn't know that it was available
It was really bugging me. She has a very distinctive voice but I couldn't put a face to it. Emma sounds great singing "tomorrow."

old fan
old fan

August 9th, 2008, 3:10 pm #6

..played (was it Chandler's) father (female impersonator) on Friends, lol ? Her voice has always been a trademark ! I think she must have a great sense of humor, and she is a terrific actress.

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

August 9th, 2008, 3:14 pm #7

When she was in the movie "Serial Mom" there was a scene involving the 1982 movie Annie.

Denver
Denver

August 9th, 2008, 3:56 pm #8

..played (was it Chandler's) father (female impersonator) on Friends, lol ? Her voice has always been a trademark ! I think she must have a great sense of humor, and she is a terrific actress.
I remember watching an interview she did a very long time ago, and in this interview the reporter asked her about her voice, she stated that she had worked hard training her speaking voice, very careful how she pronounced words and the tone she used. I also remember her saying that she could not believe that more actors did not work on their voices to attain rich speaking tones, stating that the voice is a very important part of their craft.

(I did walk around for a week or so speaking very carefully and trying to have a richer tone! Lasted for a very short time!)

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 9th, 2008, 5:22 pm #9

Does anyone know if Emma ever auditioned for the national tour of ANNIE?
Yes, Emma did audition for the Networks tour of "Annie" a few years ago.

Julie

RLS
RLS

August 10th, 2008, 4:20 am #10

You're welcome... :O)

She sounded really good, I was excied to find that. ;O)