Earthquake...

RLS
RLS

July 29th, 2008, 9:39 pm #1

OMG... I just saw that there was reports of a 5.4 earthquake out there that was felt from Los Angeles to San Diego.........

Everyone from here that is out there OK???

Please check in and let us know that you are okay when you have a second... I'm sure that things are crazy out there, but our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Vickie
Vickie

July 29th, 2008, 10:01 pm #2

Some of our collectibles are another story. A few things broke, but nothing that can't be glued back together. Lots of stuff fell and ALL the kitchen cabinets were open when I went home to check on my babies (cats). They were freaked out, but they didn't hesitate when I offered them kitty treats, so I knew they were fine.

That was a VERY strong quake here in North Orange County. The phones were not working for about an hour.

starting out
starting out

July 29th, 2008, 10:29 pm #3

OMG... I just saw that there was reports of a 5.4 earthquake out there that was felt from Los Angeles to San Diego.........

Please check in and let us know that you are okay when you have a second... I'm sure that things are crazy out there, but our thoughts and prayers are with you...
nmi

Meghan
Meghan

July 29th, 2008, 10:46 pm #4

I'm actually in boston right now but my parents and siblings are back home in central orange county. i barely spoke to my mom as the phones are all messed up im assuming but there all ok. stuff fell and broke and all that though.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

July 29th, 2008, 11:19 pm #5

Just heard from Louanne in LA; she reports being fine, but it was "quite a shake."

RLS
RLS

July 30th, 2008, 12:24 am #6

Glad to hear that you guys are all okay.... Anyone heard anything from Julie and the Ryans?

Hopefully they are just busy today or the quake messed with internet connections...

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 30th, 2008, 12:40 am #7

My house shook but my cats didn't seem to care. No damage here. I just walked around my house wondering what I was supposed to do, like get under a table, but by the time I got to my kitchen table, the quake was over.

Julie

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

July 30th, 2008, 12:53 am #8

We're good! It caused quite a rumble, but no damage or injuries!

Kim

RLS
RLS

July 30th, 2008, 3:33 am #9

I really am glad to hear that you guys are all okay. A little surprised you think of that as "nothing" but glad you are safe. Material things can be fixed and replaced. Again, glad you're all well. :O)

Noel
Noel

July 30th, 2008, 7:14 am #10

We're good! It caused quite a rumble, but no damage or injuries!

Kim
Did you live here in 94 Julie? I've lived here all my life and remember both Earthquakes in 72 and 94.

I've never understood that getting under something as that is what they used to make us do at school for the "Bomb Drills". Anyone else here in charge of pulling the big brown heavy curtain? That was always my job because I was always last in the alphabet...oh joy!

Glad everyone is fine.