do you live in NC?

do you live in NC?

RLS
RLS

June 25th, 2008, 5:43 am #1

This is a weird question but does anyone here live anywhere near Wendell, NC? Within what you would consider to be a normal driving distance and not a road trip?

KS
KS

June 27th, 2008, 5:08 pm #2

that's a burb of Raleigh. I used to live in Raliegh years ago, so I'm blanking a bit.

I'm not sure what you're asking per se. Raleigh and it's surrounding areas are "normal" trips. From Wendell to the coast of NC, you're looking at around 2 hours. To the mountains, 3-4. Hope that helps.

RLS
RLS

June 28th, 2008, 4:07 am #3

I asked because there was someone in that town that had some things that belonged to my daughter that was very important to her and I had been trying to get the woman to return the items for close to a year now to no avail.

She kept saying that she was mailing it, but never did. I offered to send them money to pay for postage and they dropped off the face of the planet for several months and were not replying to emails or anything. Out of the blue they sent me an email asking for money to ship the item. I hesitated sending them $ to ship it as they had already disappeared once, so I wasn't sure if they would take my money and run, so-to-speak...

I thought that maybe if there was anyone on here that was from near there, that maybe they would be willing to get it and I could pay THEM for shipping.... I never did send the person any money, but the items appeared at my doorstep with the mail yesterday. It was a joyous day in my house yesterday, lol.....

old fan
old fan

June 28th, 2008, 4:16 pm #4

...but surprised ! People can be so bad at returning things ! I must say that Elizabeth from this forum was the exception when I lent her my Turning Points. Not only did she return them, but included a little gift for my kids and a nice TY note !

I'm glad Ellie got her stuff !

RLS
RLS

June 29th, 2008, 5:27 am #5

I hesitated asking that here, but I was desperate to get that stuff back, lol.... I was floored that they came the other day! I'm not sure what changed to make them send the stuff back all of a sudden, but I'm not questioning it at this point, lol....

I sent them an email to let them know that I got the items and said thank you... They deleted the message without even reading it. Oh well, I tried at least. :O)