Did anyone get this Annie Email?

Did anyone get this Annie Email?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

November 11th, 2008, 5:23 pm #1

I just got an Email from "News from Annie On Tour." I'm not even sure how I got it. One of the announcements in this Email is as follows:

Los Angeles: Win A Walk-On Role In ANNIE

"Kodak Theatre and American Girl Place Los Angeles want you to win a walk-on role in ANNIE. Come to American Girl Place in Los Angeles by November 22, 2008 and fill out an entry form. 50 finalists will be selected on November 25, 2008. We will contact the 50 finalists on or before November 29, 2008. The 50 finalists will be invited to the Kodak Theatre on December 7, 2008 to prove to a panel of local celebrity judges why they are LA's biggest ANNIE fan. On December 14, 2008, all 50 finalists will be invited to have brunch at the American Girl Place cafe in Los Angeles where the judges will reveal the one lucky winner! All finalists will receive a pair of tickets to the Opening Night evening performance of ANNIE at the Kodak Theatre on January 13, 2009 and a goodie bag from American Girl Place.

Please see in-store display for sweepstakes rules and restrictions. All entries must be from females ages 8-12 years old during the calendar year 2008 with a parent or legal guardian signature."

I'm assuming the walk-on role is in the NYC scene but who knows?

Julie, are you one of the judges?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

November 11th, 2008, 5:42 pm #2

The Email also said:
"JOIN THE ANNIE ON TOUR SOCIAL NETWORK
NETworks is pleased to announce the launch of a new internal social network for ANNIE! Please visit the ANNIE Social Network and join today to stay up to date on all the latest ANNIE news! No technical skills are required to set up a profile, simply sign up using your email address and begin building your profile. You can upload photos, videos, create events, start a blog, invite your family and friends and become a fan of your favorite shows."

Maybe the girls in the current tour will participate in this. I know they'll be busy but maybe they'll post an occasional message or blog. Whatever ends up on this site, it will pale in comparison to this website created through Julie's hard work and knowledge of our favorite show!! I just thought it was interesting that NETworks is doing so much for this tour.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 11th, 2008, 7:23 pm #3

I just got an Email from "News from Annie On Tour." I'm not even sure how I got it. One of the announcements in this Email is as follows:

Los Angeles: Win A Walk-On Role In ANNIE

"Kodak Theatre and American Girl Place Los Angeles want you to win a walk-on role in ANNIE. Come to American Girl Place in Los Angeles by November 22, 2008 and fill out an entry form. 50 finalists will be selected on November 25, 2008. We will contact the 50 finalists on or before November 29, 2008. The 50 finalists will be invited to the Kodak Theatre on December 7, 2008 to prove to a panel of local celebrity judges why they are LA's biggest ANNIE fan. On December 14, 2008, all 50 finalists will be invited to have brunch at the American Girl Place cafe in Los Angeles where the judges will reveal the one lucky winner! All finalists will receive a pair of tickets to the Opening Night evening performance of ANNIE at the Kodak Theatre on January 13, 2009 and a goodie bag from American Girl Place.

Please see in-store display for sweepstakes rules and restrictions. All entries must be from females ages 8-12 years old during the calendar year 2008 with a parent or legal guardian signature."

I'm assuming the walk-on role is in the NYC scene but who knows?

Julie, are you one of the judges?
Elizabeth:

No, I am not one of the judges. I think it's smart of NETworks to team up with American Girl, since it's the same age demographic. I would imagine you are correct in assuming that the walk-on role would be during NYC. There really isn't any other scene where it wouldn't be a distraction, unless it's the Christmas scene at the end of the show.

Julie

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 11th, 2008, 7:29 pm #4

The Email also said:
"JOIN THE ANNIE ON TOUR SOCIAL NETWORK
NETworks is pleased to announce the launch of a new internal social network for ANNIE! Please visit the ANNIE Social Network and join today to stay up to date on all the latest ANNIE news! No technical skills are required to set up a profile, simply sign up using your email address and begin building your profile. You can upload photos, videos, create events, start a blog, invite your family and friends and become a fan of your favorite shows."

Maybe the girls in the current tour will participate in this. I know they'll be busy but maybe they'll post an occasional message or blog. Whatever ends up on this site, it will pale in comparison to this website created through Julie's hard work and knowledge of our favorite show!! I just thought it was interesting that NETworks is doing so much for this tour.
Wow, that's amazing that the NETworks tour has just launched an identical community as the one I've been building for over a month now. It is being hosted by a company called Ning and someone who works for the company is the person who built my "Life After Tomorrow" website. He encouraged me to move annieorphans.com over to Ning and I've been working on the site for over a month. I won't be ready to launch it for a while, since I still have hundreds of photos and videos to add.

Weird!

Julie

Js Mom
Js Mom

November 11th, 2008, 9:23 pm #5

So, you are definately moving Annieorphans.com to another site?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 11th, 2008, 10:59 pm #6

Yes, I am rebuilding the site on another server. You will still get to it by typing in www.annieorphans.com but instead of having the forum on another site, everything will be included - videos, sounds, chat board, live chat, etc...

It's a pretty big project but I expect to have most of the original content on the site in the next month.

Julie

Michele
Michele

November 12th, 2008, 12:51 am #7

Elizabeth:

No, I am not one of the judges. I think it's smart of NETworks to team up with American Girl, since it's the same age demographic. I would imagine you are correct in assuming that the walk-on role would be during NYC. There really isn't any other scene where it wouldn't be a distraction, unless it's the Christmas scene at the end of the show.

Julie
I won a walk on role in the touring company of Les Miz (in SF)
It was an amazing experience! It turned into way more than
a walk on as the director kept asking, "do you want to be in this scene?"
He kept adding more and more parts for me to be in.
They even did a good size segment on the news about me. They came and
video taped rehearsals, makeup training, etc.

Good luck for those that enter the contest!
Michele

Meghan
Meghan

November 12th, 2008, 4:47 am #8

oh my goodness that is so cool! wow, you were lucky!

Sylvia
Sylvia

November 12th, 2008, 5:19 am #9

I won a walk on role in the touring company of Les Miz (in SF)
It was an amazing experience! It turned into way more than
a walk on as the director kept asking, "do you want to be in this scene?"
He kept adding more and more parts for me to be in.
They even did a good size segment on the news about me. They came and
video taped rehearsals, makeup training, etc.

Good luck for those that enter the contest!
Michele
What scenes were you in?

michele
michele

November 12th, 2008, 5:44 am #10

Bishop's Doorway

At the end of the day (very exciting cuz I was right in the front, middle of the stage)

Master of the House- total fun on this one! Director asked if I wanted to stand on table and
Thenardier came and fluffed my dress

One More Day ( i was on the outside of the "pyramid" and was soooooo nervous I would screw up!-- The steps, the
revolving stage, ughhh I was a stress case)

Eponine's death scene

all of barricade scenes (got to pour the wine and pass out bullets) Got to sleep on stage during Bring Him Home

Finale- Do you Hear THe People SIng

and they had me take a solo bow at the end

OH MY!! what a thrill

They put me thru what I like to call "les Miz bootcamp" I met with the musical director and he had me sing and go over stuff.
They sized me for 6 different costume changes (I had my own dresser) taught me how to put on the makeup, then we went on the stage and had to learn how to enter and exit the revolving stage. Went thru all my scenes.
During the night performance, I had a cast member that i shadowed. She guided me thru everything. It was so neat because a lot of the ensemble girls would say, "hey want to pass out bullets for my part? " and give me extras
I even got 10 free tickets and a 5 min segment on abc 6 oclock news and the next morning also.
I am telling you- best day of my life... dream come true!