Diana Barrows 1978

Diana Barrows 1978

sarah
sarah

August 6th, 2008, 10:48 am #1

I've just been researching some stuff via The Stage newspaper archive yesterday, and ran across a snippet from the gossip columns in March 1978. It said that Diana Barrows was the new Annie on Broadway- and was being quite snide about how she had recently attended an auction and bought some of Joan Crawford's old jewellery at some enormous price. Was Diana B ever mooted to be the new Annie?-this would have been around the time Andrea went to the London show.
I had another nose around then for early Annie stuff- in the run up to opening the Stage kept commenting very negatively about it, as if they expected it to flop over here... all far too American apparently!

old fan
old fan

August 6th, 2008, 1:53 pm #2

I think Diana was 2nd understudy to Andrea, after Shelley Bruce ( when Kristen Vigard left the show) I read that she tried out for Annie when Andrea was due to leave, but Shelley was chosen...I don't think she ever went on as the understudy, while Shelley did, for 19 appearances.She remained in her role as Tessie for a while after Shelley started in the title role. I never heard about the auction story.