Cutest Annie?

Claire
Claire

January 10th, 2009, 4:31 pm #1

Just a fun little thread to voice your opinion on who you think is/was the cutest Annie, either from Broadway or any of the tours.

My vote goes for Andrea. She had an adorable smile.

In second place would probably be Brittny Kissinger.

guynyc
guynyc

January 10th, 2009, 8:29 pm #2

but in general my default always tends to be Andrea for any of these kinds of polls, lol.

old fan
old fan

January 10th, 2009, 9:16 pm #3

Just a fun little thread to voice your opinion on who you think is/was the cutest Annie, either from Broadway or any of the tours.

I never saw her live, but based on clips, she had such beautiful soulful eyes, cute dimples, and a waif-like appeal about her. (Her voice was unusual, childlike, but very powerful.) I am assuming by cute you mean appearance, though.

Katarina (Norway)
Katarina (Norway)

January 10th, 2009, 9:17 pm #4

Aileen Quinn. What a face! CUTE!

guynyc
guynyc

January 10th, 2009, 11:29 pm #5

I thought the movie was very flawed but Aileen was a wonderful lead, maybe a little too mugging and sweet at times but I blame John Huston, not Aileen. What were they thinking hiring that dude to direct the movie? And changing the backdrop to July 4th instead of Christmas? Ugh.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

January 11th, 2009, 1:15 am #6

The only reason that they had to change the end of the movie to the Fourth of July was that the filming schedule demanded that the Mansion scenes in New Jersey be done in July. There is no snow there in July, and no way to make the plants and trees look like winter.

guynyc
guynyc

January 11th, 2009, 2:04 am #7

I understand they had logistics to deal with such as those you mentioned, and they were working towards a summer hit, but I feel a better movie could have been made if they had planned it differently and stuck with the original christmas backdrop and moved the release date to a holiday release. I think a lot is lost in the translation, such as the idea of annie and sandy wandering through the cold streets of New York in the winter, the orphans are cold and lonely at a time when kids should be ecstatic, the gem that is the entire "NYC" number, and losing New Deal For Xmas? for shame! without the holiday theme the whole context seems to change. just my opinion though.

: )

Claire
Claire

January 11th, 2009, 3:22 am #8

Haha, it's funny how my thread on the cutest Annie turned into a discussion about the discrepancies of the movie (which I love by the way, even though it hardly compares to the original Broadway)

Suzanne
Suzanne

January 11th, 2009, 6:35 am #9

The only reason that they had to change the end of the movie to the Fourth of July was that the filming schedule demanded that the Mansion scenes in New Jersey be done in July. There is no snow there in July, and no way to make the plants and trees look like winter.
I never understood that reasoning for the 4th of July though, because Hollywood makes winter scenes all the time when it's summer. They spent so much money on the film that you would think they would have spent a bit more to make it Christmas. -Did they think "Hollywood Snow" wouldn't have looked as real?

Katarina (Norway)
Katarina (Norway)

January 11th, 2009, 12:45 pm #10

i think the snow in the disney version looks SOOO fake.. but at least they tried