Chitty

Debbie
Debbie

November 30th, 2008, 7:39 pm #1

I saw the tour of Chitty yesterday and it said Camille Mancuso was filling in for the role of Jeremy? I am confused. They have to Jemimas and two Jeremy's. Would both boys be sick or something? I have a hard time believing that Camille was Jeremy. If she was, that is the best kid actor I have ever seen. She would have pulled it off absolutely amazingly!! Anyone have any insight??

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 30th, 2008, 8:08 pm #2

Not sure what happened but perhaps the boys were sick. Here is the website with the cast list. I was very excited to see that Dick Decareau is in the show - he was in "Annie" with me on the 3rd National Tour.

http://www.chittyontour.com/cast.htm

Julie

December 1st, 2008, 12:16 pm #3

I saw the tour of Chitty yesterday and it said Camille Mancuso was filling in for the role of Jeremy? I am confused. They have to Jemimas and two Jeremy's. Would both boys be sick or something? I have a hard time believing that Camille was Jeremy. If she was, that is the best kid actor I have ever seen. She would have pulled it off absolutely amazingly!! Anyone have any insight??
I want to guess that it was probably a mistake on the board, unless it listed the other girl as playing Jemima. But I can find out from my friend, who is one of the Jeremys!

Debbie
Debbie

December 1st, 2008, 2:22 pm #4

If you could that would be great! I was at the matinee on Sat. Nov. 29th. It only said Camille was taking over for Zachary. I still would be awe struck if she did. Like I mentioned, every mannerism was a boy. If she did, she is awesome and very talented....It didn't list who played Jemima only that her and Aly alternated....

Jessica
Jessica

December 1st, 2008, 4:47 pm #5

I'd be interested to know too! Maybe the kids' tracks in Chitty are set up like Les Mis? There was always a female understudy for Gavroche, and they did perform ocassionly. I've heard that the boys playing Gavroche unofficially understudied Young Eponine, and there were a few rare performances when they did actually go on.

December 1st, 2008, 7:17 pm #6

If you could that would be great! I was at the matinee on Sat. Nov. 29th. It only said Camille was taking over for Zachary. I still would be awe struck if she did. Like I mentioned, every mannerism was a boy. If she did, she is awesome and very talented....It didn't list who played Jemima only that her and Aly alternated....
He was our Kurt on the Sound of Music tour. Fantastic kid! I talked to his dad -- he did the matinee and the other boy did the evening show. So it was just a mistake on the board.

Debbie
Debbie

December 1st, 2008, 7:45 pm #7

Thanks!! Geez. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. The kids were GREAT!!!