Children on Broadway on Playbill

Children on Broadway on Playbill

KellyTx
KellyTx

April 8th, 2008, 12:01 am #1

http://www.playbill.com/features/article/116495.html

I thought I would share this. It's quite interesting.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 8th, 2008, 1:44 am #2

Interesting. I would have guessed it had to do, in part, to the type of role. That is, whether or not it's a minor role or major role
e.g. Annie vs. Eponine

Annie is certainly more demanding than the roles mentioned in the article but Annie is almost always played by one child (with an understudy, of course). Yet, the other roles are split. That doesn't make sense to me. More children also means more parents involved. If I were a producer/on the creative team, the fewer parents involved the better! LOL

I forgot that Sarah Hyland, Molly in the ABC Annie film, was in Grey Gardens. Wonder what she is doing now?

another mom
another mom

April 8th, 2008, 2:15 am #3

Sara is currently playing the daughter of Brooke Shields character on Lipstick Jungle.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 8th, 2008, 12:22 pm #4

I didn't know that. I don't watch that show, that's probably why

Seems like a lame show. Is it?

But good for her for getting a job. It's hard when you're a teenager, I think. And she is late-teens, no?

Katherine
Katherine

April 8th, 2008, 9:22 pm #5

She will also be sharing the role of Teen Fiona with Marissa O'Donnell in Shrek on Broadway.

anniefan
anniefan

April 8th, 2008, 11:14 pm #6

Has anyone heard whether it will be Marissa or Sarah on the Shrek cast recording, if they release one?

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 9th, 2008, 12:39 pm #7

Believe it or not, I've never seen Shrek. I attempted to watch it several times and I couldn't get into it.

So, I don't even know the story. Well, other than pretty girl marries ugly guy. Ya know, like all the sitcoms on tv

mom
mom

April 9th, 2008, 2:18 pm #8

That is so true!

another mom
another mom

April 9th, 2008, 9:02 pm #9

She will also be sharing the role of Teen Fiona with Marissa O'Donnell in Shrek on Broadway.
Check your sources. She did the role in the reading, but Marrissa will probably not be sharing it on Broadway.

another mom(1)
another mom(1)

April 9th, 2008, 10:00 pm #10

Sara is currently playing the daughter of Brooke Shields character on Lipstick Jungle.
Just wanted to clarify the 2nd post by "another mom" is by someone else. I'll add a (1) from now on.