Casey Tuma (20th Anniversary) in HSM2

KellyTx
KellyTx

December 18th, 2008, 2:56 pm #1

Casey Tuma will be in the ensemble of High School Musical 2 at North Shore Music Theatre! Congrats Casey! North Shore is amazing- if you can, go check it out!

http://www.nsmt.org/index.php?option=co ... 783&Itemid

Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

December 18th, 2008, 3:02 pm #2

They put on amazing productions. I have no interest in HSM but good for Casey

I did see Annie20th alum, Cassidy Ladden, in two of their productions; Annie and The Secret Garden.

What an actress.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 18th, 2008, 4:46 pm #3

Casey Tuma will be in the ensemble of High School Musical 2 at North Shore Music Theatre! Congrats Casey! North Shore is amazing- if you can, go check it out!

I know Dana Steingold, who is playing Kelsi. She is very talented.

Julie

Rachel
Rachel

December 18th, 2008, 7:40 pm #4

This might be more of a question for Jon Merrill but I seem to recall that Annie People did an issue focusing on the finalists for Annie for the Broadway revival and wasn't Kyla one of the ones listed? I remember the list had Joanna, Lyndsey Watkins, Kim Altman, I believe Kyla and a few others. Did I totally make that up?

Rachel

Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

December 18th, 2008, 8:06 pm #5

I also remember Kristine Bogan (and if I mispelled her name, don't correct me. It's so annoying as well as Alexandra, of course.

So, Alexandra, Lyndsey, Kristine Marie, Joanna...and was that it? Well, those were the ones where Martin said, "Joanna can act. Lyndsey can act..."
That makes me think they were the final-finalists.

I never heard of Kyla, though. I used to chat with Kim's mom but that was a long time ago. Wow. I can't believe how long ago that revival was. Now I feel even older
Wonder where Kim went to school, if she went to school?

Meghan
Meghan

December 18th, 2008, 11:17 pm #6

"originated the role of July in the 20th anniversary production of Annie"

That is in her Bio on the website. I'm just wondering, could you really call it originating a role when it was a revival? cuz i mean, obviously she isnt the original July. Why would she say that? or would that be accurate to say that?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 18th, 2008, 11:51 pm #7

I suppose that's accurate. She didn't say she originated the role of July in the original Broadway Cast. It says she was in the 20th Anniversary production.

Julie

old fan
old fan

December 19th, 2008, 12:18 am #8

...in the 20th on tour ?? Or does that refer to after the Broadway opening ?

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

December 19th, 2008, 1:19 am #9

This might be more of a question for Jon Merrill but I seem to recall that Annie People did an issue focusing on the finalists for Annie for the Broadway revival and wasn't Kyla one of the ones listed? I remember the list had Joanna, Lyndsey Watkins, Kim Altman, I believe Kyla and a few others. Did I totally make that up?

Rachel
You are correct, Rachel. According to a newspaper article in the New York Post on August 6, 1996, which we reprinted in Annie People #85, April 1998, the 7 finalists were:

Kim Altman, 8, Boca Raton, FL
Alexandra Kiesman, 8, New York, NY
Kyla Fallon, 9, Danvers, MA
Joanna Pacitti, 12, Philadelphia, PA
Justine Griffiths, 9, Niantic, CT
Lyndsey Watkins, 8, Mays Landing, NJ
Jane Bailey Patterson, 8, Vestavia Hills, AL

Jennifer
Jennifer

December 19th, 2008, 2:14 pm #10

Three other actresses have been called finalists. Kristine Bogen was announced on Turning Point as one of three finalists. Alicia Morton told TV Guide she was one of "nine finalists." And when Heidi Gagne played Annie for a professional production, the theater did publicity on her as a finalist for Annie20th.

There were three girls who read for Annie on Turning Point that the announcers didn't identify. One had long brown hair. Another had dark stawberry blond hair. And another had blond hair and freckles. Were any of them Kim, Kyla, or Heidi? I have always wondered who they were, since they weren't followed by the documentary. They seemed very talented, although Martin Charnin didn't keep them in the running for the role.