Camp Electric Youth

Camp Electric Youth

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 19th, 2008, 3:14 am #1

I was invited to the final "showcase" today of Deborah Gibson's new Camp Electric Youth, a performing arts program for kids age 7-17 in Hollywood, CA.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=38521540

On this video, some of you may recognize Caitlin Baunoch (from the LA cast of "13") at :22 and Kelsey Smith (she played Annie in that flashback clip on TV's "Samantha Who" and in several stage productions) at 1:52.

The show was over 4 hours long, so I wasn't able to stay to see everyone, but there were many talented kids who performed.

Julie

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 20th, 2008, 1:07 pm #2

Is the point of a showcase to invite agents to check out the talent? Or, is it "just" a show?

I like the little girl with the bob haircut and the 1950s glasses who made up her own song.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 20th, 2008, 7:53 pm #3

I think the parents thought it would be a showcase for agents and casting directors to see their kids perform but Debbie made it pretty clear to them not to have any expectations. In fact, the few "industry" people who came only stayed for about an hour (if that), so there was no way anyone should have expected them to have made it through all of the kids - that took about 5 hours. It obviously needs some re-thinking for next year, if they decide to do it again. Debbie mentioned that any industry people that showed up or requested it would receive a video of the entire showcase plus all of the kid's headshots.

Julie