Business of Show Business Workshop

Business of Show Business Workshop

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 29th, 2008, 10:03 pm #1

Hey everyone. I am planning to do a workshop for kids and parents in New York in the next few months and was curious when school is over for most kids and how many of your kids go to summer camp. I would either do the workshop in June or August. The class will be in Manhattan and most likely on a Saturday. The workshop will cover everything we talk about here - choosing audition material, how to audition, how the business works for kids, rules about education and schooling, NY vs. LA, and how parents can support their child's career and not get in the way, etc...

If any of you would be interested in helping me choose a date, please email me off of the forum. Thanks so much.

Julie

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

March 29th, 2008, 10:19 pm #2

I'm planning on auditioning for the next leg of the tour, after the summer break. This will be very useful to me as it's my first big audition. I can't wait!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 29th, 2008, 11:08 pm #3

Okay, smarty pants, will you be auditioning for Grace or Hannigan?

Julie

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 29th, 2008, 11:30 pm #4

to audition to be the orphan swing!

Dina
Dina

March 30th, 2008, 12:11 am #5

Hey everyone. I am planning to do a workshop for kids and parents in New York in the next few months and was curious when school is over for most kids and how many of your kids go to summer camp. I would either do the workshop in June or August. The class will be in Manhattan and most likely on a Saturday. The workshop will cover everything we talk about here - choosing audition material, how to audition, how the business works for kids, rules about education and schooling, NY vs. LA, and how parents can support their child's career and not get in the way, etc...

If any of you would be interested in helping me choose a date, please email me off of the forum. Thanks so much.

Julie
Is this along the same lines as the workshop you were planning to do in CT with Shannon Panfili and Mike Carrubba last year?

getting started
getting started

March 30th, 2008, 2:41 am #6

Julie
I'd love it if you'd ever consider doing this on the West Coast!

Meghan
Meghan

March 30th, 2008, 3:32 am #7

I would totally come if you did one in LA. although im probably older than you target age group probably. plus, a workshop like that wouldnt really work out here unless you aimed it towards auditioning for film and television and not theater so much really. but anyways, if i lived in NY i would totally enjoy your workshop. good luck!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 30th, 2008, 4:45 am #8

Is this along the same lines as the workshop you were planning to do in CT with Shannon Panfili and Mike Carrubba last year?
There will be no talk about "Annie" and the workshop is not specifically about musical theatre. This workshop is for kids and parents to educate them on the business. I will be teaching at A Class Act - http://www.aclassactny.com/

Julie

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 30th, 2008, 5:35 am #9

I'd love it if you'd ever consider doing this on the West Coast!
Yes, I am in the process of working out a similar class in Los Angeles. I should be able to share more in a few weeks. I'll keep you updated.

Julie

Dina
Dina

March 30th, 2008, 11:52 am #10

There will be no talk about "Annie" and the workshop is not specifically about musical theatre. This workshop is for kids and parents to educate them on the business. I will be teaching at A Class Act - http://www.aclassactny.com/

Julie
Thanks for the link to the website. Sounds like it'll be a very informative session.