broadway rush

broadway rush

jen
jen

December 30th, 2008, 1:41 am #1

so before half of broadway closes down, we were hoping to go see a bunch of shows.

has anyone attempted rush or the lotteries for shows like Spamalot, Avenue Q, Shrek, Equus, In the Heights, etc?

Esp during the last week or so? does it tend to be pretty crowded?

Claire
Claire

December 30th, 2008, 2:50 am #2

Half of Broadway is closing down? I wasn't aware of that. What do you mean it's closing down?

Anyway, I saw Spamalot in 2006 in Boston when it was on tour, and it was awesome (I'm a huge Monty Python fan, so this musical hit the spot). But I haven't actually seen it on Broadway.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 30th, 2008, 9:57 am #3

A list of the shows scheduled to close in the coming weeks:

LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS CLOSING
The Seagull - December 21st
Dividing the Estate - January 4th
Liza At the Palace - January 4th
Slava's Snowshow - January 4th
White Christmas - January 4th
All My Sons - January 11th
Equus - February 8th
Pal Joey - February 15th
Speed-the-Plow - February 22nd

OPEN-RUNS CLOSING
13 - January 4th
Boeing-Boeing - January 4th
Grease - January 4th
Hairspray - January 4th
Young Frankenstein - January 4th
The 39 Steps - January 11th (transferring)
Gypsy - January 11th
Monty Python's Spamalot - January 11th
Spring Awakening - January 18th
Forbidden Broadway Goes to Rehab - March 1st

Corinna
Corinna

December 30th, 2008, 4:10 pm #4

so before half of broadway closes down, we were hoping to go see a bunch of shows.

has anyone attempted rush or the lotteries for shows like Spamalot, Avenue Q, Shrek, Equus, In the Heights, etc?

nm

dianne
dianne

December 31st, 2008, 2:42 am #5

I am headed to NYC tomorrow and we were able to get discount tickets to Boeing Boeing and Billy Elliot ($45 each) through Broadway Box about a month ago. There were also discounted tickets for Equus. We may try to get tickets the day of the show for Equus.

Natalie
Natalie

December 31st, 2008, 8:09 pm #6

I am going to see Mary Poppins through the Kids' Nights on Broadway I believe. Kids 18 and under get free tickets with the purchase of adult tickets. I don't know if the promotion is still going on, but the tickets are for performances in January through March.