Broadway Kids

Broadway Kids

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

October 8th, 2008, 11:26 pm #1

Jaida Benjamin (2007-8 National Tour) and Anastasia Korbal (2006-7 National Tour) are both a part of Broadway Kids and recently appeared together at a benefit for the Children's Defense Fund's 35th Anniversary Gala at the Kennedy Center.

In the photo are Sean Curley (Fiddler on the Roof and Beauty and the Beast), Guy V. Barfield II (The Lion King), Anastasia Korbal (Annie National Tour), Jernee Smollett (The Great Debators, starring Denzel Washington), Jaida Benjamin (Annie National Tour), Hana Yokoi (The King and I at the Paper Mill Playhouse) and Noah Ruff (Take Me Along at the Irish Reperatory).

Noel
Noel

October 9th, 2008, 12:41 am #2

I remember Jurnee from doing Lighting on "Full House" and "On Our Own"!

Congrats to "our" two Orphans, as I've said before it's so much fun to keep up on all their new endeavors...way to go girls!

fan mom
fan mom

October 9th, 2008, 1:54 pm #3

Great pic Julie! Thanks for posting. Are there others someplace? Love Anastasia, what a cutie, and Jaida is so grown up already just from last year, Wow! Sean is familiar, too, I think he might be from our area.

broadwayfan
broadwayfan

October 10th, 2008, 10:26 am #4

thats cute
but i didnt know the broadway kids were still doing events...

anon
anon

October 10th, 2008, 7:20 pm #5

Jaida Benjamin (2007-8 National Tour) and Anastasia Korbal (2006-7 National Tour) are both a part of Broadway Kids and recently appeared together at a benefit for the Children's Defense Fund's 35th Anniversary Gala at the Kennedy Center.

In the photo are Sean Curley (Fiddler on the Roof and Beauty and the Beast), Guy V. Barfield II (The Lion King), Anastasia Korbal (Annie National Tour), Jernee Smollett (The Great Debators, starring Denzel Washington), Jaida Benjamin (Annie National Tour), Hana Yokoi (The King and I at the Paper Mill Playhouse) and Noah Ruff (Take Me Along at the Irish Reperatory).
Nice shot. They auditioned for new kids over summer by appointment.
My dd got an appt. and then a callback but that is as far as she went with that one. She's been close a couple of times lately so hopefully something comes up for her, but she may be too tall for Annie next go around!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

October 11th, 2008, 3:07 am #6

Do the Broadway Kids do a tour or are they recording a new CD?